ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

225 engine in to a 197, advice please

Lets say i have a complete 225 with a slipping clutch and body damage and a 197 which came from renault with the wrong engine fitted what would i need to do to put the 225 engine in to the 197?

Exhaust set up?
225 shafts or 197 shafts?
wiring adjustments?
Air con must be deleted or rad moved?
ecu virginised?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Lets say i have a complete 225 with a slipping clutch and body damage and a 197 which came from renault with the wrong engine fitted what would i need to do to put the 225 engine in to the 197?

Exhaust set up?
225 shafts or 197 shafts?
wiring adjustments?
Air con must be deleted or rad moved?
ecu virginised?

Exhaust needs joined to a custom downpipe from the turbo
Shafts used from whatever gearbox you want to use, clio has short ratio but mildly annoying if you do lots of motorway miles, the acceleration makes up for it imo
wiring needs spliced into clio loom, tho I think some have used the full megane loom
I kept aircon and rad from clio, all works fine. Others move to the megane or go custom
Meg Ecu needs the immob code from the original clio transferred across
Engine mounts from clio used
Coolant pipes and tank need rerouted somewhere

@Cro-Clio do you have any pics of your downpipe arrangements? someone else said you can use the megane down pipe and then use a link pipe to join it to the 197 exhaust?
when you say some have used the full megane loom do you mean the dash part as well? does that all connect up to everything in the clio ok? (door looms, rear looms e.t.c)

Cro

Meg'd r27
@Cro-Clio do you have any pics of your downpipe arrangements? someone else said you can use the megane down pipe and then use a link pipe to join it to the 197 exhaust?
when you say some have used the full megane loom do you mean the dash part as well? does that all connect up to everything in the clio ok? (door looms, rear looms e.t.c)
Not sure i'll check my thread dude, I run a miltek decat into a miltek downpipe the standard megane one may well fit handy enough. Initially mine was too long so it was chopped and I welded a flange to fit the clio ktec exhaust. You can see some parts of it being done in the video
Just the engine loom needed, everything plugs in to the clio loom at the engine bay side without a bother