ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

24 yr old - insurance for 182

Octavia VRS

Never had my own insurance policy until this coming July. Out of curiousity went on elephant.co.uk to see how much for a 182.

£750 fully comp, no claims in 3 yrs but as said before, always been a named driver so dont have a no claims bonus.

What are similar aged people paying for their 182s?

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 03 May 2005

Never had my own insurance policy until this coming July. Out of curiousity went on elephant.co.uk to see how much for a 182.

£750 fully comp, no claims in 3 yrs but as said before, always been a named driver so dont have a no claims bonus.

What are similar aged people paying for their 182s?
That seems like a good quote to me!!!

Octavia VRS

i was expecting 600ish for me, just shows the difference that having your own policy for a few years makes. Still not too bad tho, the dream is not dead lol

206 GTI

Try the club insurance m8 thats what i did and at 24 with 1yr ncd i got it for £72 a month with mods. If u go with elephant bear in mind they charge 25% for paying monthly and any mods will push it up a fair bit

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

mine was about 3700 odd with protected no claims (4 yrs) £600 without @privilege

still expensive i think for my age and experience i mean nearly 25 with a hot hatch shold be closer to £500 imo

i got qouted over £1800 with elephant. was so pissed with their qoute i rang them up and they couldnt explain why it was so expensive they just said thats what price the computer says.

im 26 and mine was £1200 with 0 yrs no claims and 3 points. cheapest i could get and that was with norwich union

my new qoute for this yr with 1 yrs no claims is £840 so a saving of £360 with that extra year of no claims and a year older. that also is the cheapest i can get. most have been qouteing me £1500-£3000

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by bsimmer3000 on 03 May 2005

i got qouted over £1800 with elephant. was so pissed with their qoute i rang them up and they couldnt explain why it was so expensive they just said thats what price the computer says.

im 26 and mine was £1200 with 0 yrs no claims and 3 points. cheapest i could get and that was with norwich union

my new qoute for this yr with 1 yrs no claims is £840 so a saving of £360 with that extra year of no claims and a year older. that also is the cheapest i can get. most have been qouteing me £1500-£3000
£750 seems a bargain compared to those quotes!

[Edited by POW_Clio on 03 May 2005 at 5:34pm]

Quoted £623 here with Elephant on a 182, Im 23 with 5 years NCB so your quote seems reasonable considering you have no NCB.

Elephant tend to be pretty good with additional drivers though if you play around, adding my girlfriend (23, 0 NCB, Primary School Teacher) knocks off well over £100.

BMW 328 Ci

Try putting your mum and dad on the insurance and see if it goes down, i reduced mine by a few hundered on elephant doing that.

Im 24, 5yrs ncb and a clean license and I pay £600 with privilege, nowhere else even came close to that price.

Problem for me is that even though I live on a nice estate, some rough areas on the other side of town make my postcode a high risk for insurance, think its a cat D.

BMW 120i Sport

I pay about £900 ish with Admiral, im 24, 0 NCB with three claims: one fault, two non-fault.

I did a quote with elephant for when i need to renew (about September) including 1 years NCB and it was about £740.

Quote: Originally posted by Davehughes on 03 May 2005
when ur a NAMED driver on a policy u get the no clames dont u

No.

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 03 May 2005

Christ, thats cheap. I have more NCD and less claims than POW and my insurance is 900ish for a 172....! Figure that out!
Last accident was over 4 years ago mate and I think Elephant only asked for claims in last 3 years.

Also £20 was knocked off for me saying my profession was "Computer: Editor" rather than "Computer: Technician". Why should that make a difference. Like my profession is gonna stop me from having a crash!

2 years ago my 1.4 was gonna cost me £1400 to insure on my own policy due to claims I had previously(hence I went on my dads as a named driver), last year it was around £600/£650 now it is down to £370. There are good points to getting older!

I done a quote with elephant with regards to occupation for a laugh.

There was over £100 difference between a retail manager and a graphic designer!!!!

BMW 120i Sport

your occupation does matter; if youre involved in TV (on or off camera) then it can go up a fair whack.

Octavia VRS

Im going to check the difference between all computer professions (apart from IT Manager!). IT Support isnt there anyway so they cant do me for fraud!!

Octavia VRS

Just added the girlfriend to this quote and its down to £700, and thats with parking it in a residential car park at my new flat instead of the driveway at my mum and dads!