ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

24k/36k service help! please!

just booked my mk1 172 in for what i thought would be its 2nd service and m.o.t 3 years old today!.the first service was done at 13k,its now on 27k,bit over 24k service but nevermind(or so i thought),woman on the phone said it would be the cost of the 36k service i.e £270 because its 3 years old irrespective of mileage being well under 36k????...ehhh?

I cant find anywhere that says this,serv intervals are 12k or 2 years,major service is 36k or 4 years!,does anyone now any different.I may just tell them to do a A servicve if they say no ill just go somewhere else.

ps my airbag light comes on and stays on along with the serv light,does this mean the car is due servicing and they check the airbag or should i be ringing DIAL-A-LOAN!!!!

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

So car is 3 years old. Any warranty is finished. Youre the customer. Reckon it is totally up to you to decide what service you want Renault to carry out on your car and pay accordingly! In the past Ive done this with my low mileage cars ... made them (Citroen in this case on my Xsara VTS) do 2 x 24k services. Planning to do exactly the same on my 172. Needs a service since its almost 3 years old. Buts only done 30k. Dont want to pay for 36k yet - will do that when it reaches 38k around its 4th birthday etc..

Dont think youre taking a risk by not having the 36k service since the majority of things wear out due to mileage not age! However as ever caveat emptor ...

fair point ,thanks just makes you wonder,if i hadnt have asked,they would have charged me for the 36k service,tempted to go elsewhere!