ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

259.5 BHP & 5.2 Secs 0-60 Sunflower

Just thought id upload a couple of videos of the sunflower.

It was down at RSTuning last week for a power run just to make sure everything was still working well since the SC conversion was done back in march. It made 253bhp in march & it made 259.5 this time round :D all thats changed is the exhaust, it had a yozzasport race on the 1st time & it now has a k-tec supersport on.

Its making that power on the standard 0.5bar boost for a stage 1, more power is coming very soon tho.

[video]http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/craigy172/?action=view¤t=4144b7f2.mp4[/video]

Then on sunday i went to a Ford RS day at Croft race track as im a ford rs lover at heart, i thought id do a few 0-60 runs show the ford boys how its done lol. The Clio was the fastest FWD car of the day with a 5.2 secs 0-60. i probs could have got it down to 5.0 but i just got carried away lol.

[video]http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/craigy172/?action=view¤t=85a0c13a.mp4[/video]

2nd quickest was a Mk2 Focus RS with 420bhp best time he got was 5.6 secs

Joint 3rd was my mate in his fully stripped & standard megane 225 & a semi stripped Mk2 Focus ST with 330bhp both getting 5.8 secs

[video]http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/craigy172/?action=view¤t=b9f3d4fe.mp4[/video]

Cro

Meg'd r27
It seems like your mate in the megane is changing at like 5k, doesn't seem like you're going too hard in that video either. Awesome car though :)

Looks immense. I f**king love this car!!

(Nice avatar btw ;) )

haha cheers mate i love the picture thanks :)

Its saying error for me aswell when i try & view them off the links im s**t with computers :eek:

Got them on youtube now so for anybody who cant see them 1st time round try these links

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
This is what it says for me.:(

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]The action that you were trying to perform has failed. [/SIZE][/FONT]

PbLogo.350.gif

340i
Very smart!

Have you removed / relocated some items from the engine bay? It looks very neat and sparse on the dyno.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
well thats a headline to grab my attention - well done sir!!!!

you will get me into trouble with my sunflower, already looking at forced induction and this sort of thread does not help.........

ive had both superchargers and turbos before, but prefered the turbo.

whats the pros / cons to teh supercharger?

i think a nice pair of rapid sunflowers would be a good sight.

well thats a headline to grab my attention - well done sir!!!!

you will get me into trouble with my sunflower, already looking at forced induction and this sort of thread does not help.........

ive had both superchargers and turbos before, but prefered the turbo.

whats the pros / cons to teh supercharger?

i think a nice pair of rapid sunflowers would be a good sight.

This thread should make you decide to make another forced sunflower two would be sweeet :D

Ive never drove a turbo clio so cant really comment on that side but for the sc its just the smooth instant power delivery in every gear, just feels asif theres a bigger engine under the bonnet, your going to get more torque from a turbo, but if youve owned cars with both before then you will know what you want.

On another note i managed 340 mile to a tank so about 33mpg that was all motorway miles, not sure what the turbo clios are doing but im not fused if mine does less as it never fails to put a huge grin on my face as it really is a Evo FQ340 beater :D

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
made me chuckle that mate, great work and beating them at their own game? WTF? lol

I think the ph1 box will help with that MPG ;) I miss the ph1's 5th gear at 80.

This car is so smooth, no wonder it didn't end up in a massive cloud of wheelspin smoke, paul has done a great job with the mapping

Any reason you think it made more with the ktec exhaust than the yozza?

Not too sure really pal? both 2.5" aswell

love this car, looked great at FCS

Thanks Ash :)

made me chuckle that mate, great work and beating them at their own game? WTF? lol

I think the ph1 box will help with that MPG ;) I miss the ph1's 5th gear at 80.

This car is so smooth, no wonder it didn't end up in a massive cloud of wheelspin smoke, paul has done a great job with the mapping

haha i kno chris the lad in the 330bhp st give up trying to beat my time after awhile

Cnt beat the ph1 ratios like :)

Paul has done a great job with the map spot on

Qashcow
I love boosted clio's, I'd still prefer a sunflower over my silver one.

I was making 243bhp at 0.47bar but am at 0.67bar now, just not sure how long for lol. Will Paul be forging it for you in the future then?

I love boosted clio's, I'd still prefer a sunflower over my silver one.

I was making 243bhp at 0.47bar but am at 0.67bar now, just not sure how long for lol. Will Paul be forging it for you in the future then?

Yours still looks cool as f**k in silver tho mate....whats yours been running like at 0.67 any probs?

Yeah Paul is going to forge it for me ive got another engine for him to do it to then i can keep using my car as its my daily, then ill swap the engines over myself.

But for the mean time im upping the boost & Pauls going to map it again, he said his old ph1 was running with no boost restrictor at around 320bhp & only problems after a while was abit of smoke & engine was a high mileage so shows they can handle the power

260% JCW
. It made 253bhp in march & it made 259.5 this time round :D all thats changed is the exhaust, it had a yozzasport race on the 1st time & it now has a k-tec supersport on.

Very nice........Don't mention this to all the Yozza lovers though.........they all seem to be of the opinion that it's the best out there.