ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 Door Clio (2003) - Door adjustment

Shhh
Driver door has appeared to have dropped, the top of the door gap between the rear quarter panel is wider than the bottom, and also the door is catching on the front wing. The door also makes a clunk when closing.

Is there anyway to adjust the hinges on this or will it need new hinges?

Can new hinges be replaced at a DIY level, or would it be easier for me to stip the door out completely and drop if off at the local body shop for rectification.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I had something similar to this when the wind ripped my driver's door out of my hand...was catching on the wing just like you describe...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?636399-Argh!-My-200-f*****-by-the-wind!

I ended up at a bodyshop a friend has used for years - the owner has 40+ years of experience.

He came out with a block of wood, a couple of random sockets and rags, and proceeded to strategically place them in the hinge area and gently close the door on them, gradually and eventually teasing it back into line (for the sum of £20!!!).

Would never attempt that myself, but if you can find the right person yours may well be fixable like mine was.

Shhh
I've had a read of that thread. I was thinking of supporting the door with a piece of wood and a car jack, releasing the bolts on the bottom hinge and move it outwards, then the same with the top.

But your option sounds the best...a bit like the window tinting..