ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

300V Lens on a 350D/400D?!

Citroen DS3 White
I have searched but with confusing answers.

Will it fit? It's a 28-105mm non USM. Can I just buy a digital body?

Will the autofocus still work?

So confusing but trying to get on board with the digital thing, I hear it's the future!

If its an EF lens it will work.. which is very likely as the 300V has an EF mount... it won't have a similar field of view though, will be longer and not as wide on the digital body.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yup as pete has mentioned the lens will become more like 45mm-168mm as the sensor size on 350d/400d means it is increased by around x1.6 the only way to maintain the initial focal length is to buy a full frame camera which is well expensive. the increase has positives and negatives. the positive is that if you do a lot of telephoto stuff then a 300mm lens is 480mm. the negative is that if you want to do wide angle stuff you need to buy a lens which is wider and therefore usually more expensive.

as for it working or not it should do i also have a Eos 300 and Eos 5 35mm slrs and the lenses work from these on my canon 10d and my dads 400d

Citroen DS3 White
Cheers guys. Just bought a 350D body only off the bay. Will give it a whirl with the lens I have but failing that will buy a proper digital lens. Seems to be a cheap way to do it since the body was only £138.

Will be a good intorduction to DSLR.