ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

308 leather steering wheel..best thing to care for it?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I have a 308 which I've only had since April, but have done 7,500 miles in already. The leather steering wheel while small, has dry bits. I've tried applying AG Leather Cleaner, which makes it better (as such), but wondered if there is anything good to treat the leather to make it more supple but less dry in places without it being soaking. Not too fussed about the finish as such, more about protecting the leather on it.

Thanks in advance for any Input.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I have a 308 which I've only had since April, but have done 7,500 miles in already. The leather steering wheel while small, has dry bits. I've tried applying AG Leather Cleaner, which makes it better (as such), but wondered if there is anything good to treat the leather to make it more supple but less dry in places without it being soaking. Not too fussed about the finish as such, more about protecting the leather on it.

Thanks in advance for any Input.

Gliptone leather cleaner, then leather conditioner.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Cheers Gents, I knew AG did the Leather Cleaner, but I genuinely didn't know AG did Leather balm. Thanks again. :)

Nope nope nope!! You don't put a leather balm on a steering wheel for goodness sake! The majority of leathers are sealed now anyway so the balm/conditioner just sits on top. So you'll be driving around with super slick hands until it wears off... Not really what you want when you're trying to steer Don !

Put up some pictures. Then we can advise.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Nope nope nope!! You don't put a leather balm on a steering wheel for goodness sake! The majority of leathers are sealed now anyway so the balm/conditioner just sits on top. So you'll be driving around with super slick hands until it wears off... Not really what you want when you're trying to steer @Don !

Put up some pictures. Then we can advise.

It not visible, it just feels dry...which is a bit s**t on a 4 month old car. Its not visibly cracking, but feels dry (if that makes sense) its the bits where you would put your hands and one spot on the back of the wheel at the 12:00 position. I just want something to help give it its suppleness back (so it doesn't feel dry). @JD

It not visible, it just feels dry...which is a bit s**t on a 4 month old car. Its not visibly cracking, but feels dry (if that makes sense) its the bits where you would put your hands and one spot on the back of the wheel at the 12:00 position. I just want something to help give it its suppleness back (so it doesn't feel dry). @JD

It honestly sounds more like dirt fella. Giving it a good clean should solve it. Try a soft brush with an apc or on a MF towel. Rinse both until they stop pulling out dirt.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
It honestly sounds more like dirt fella. Giving it a good clean should solve it. Try a soft brush with an apc or on a MF towel. Rinse both until they stop pulling out dirt.

I have given it a thorough wipe with leather cleaner, but will try it again with the old G101 and several MF cloths see what I can get off it.

Cheers JD :)