ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

32" HD LCD TV - Which one?

R26
It's Jan sales time and I think that it's time for a new TV!

I've narrowed down the decision to between a Toshiba 32C3030D and a Samsung 32" R88. I've read a few reviews and the Samsung seems to be better, but on reading the specs there is very little difference between them.

Has anyone got one of these or can recommend one? The only reason I'm asking is the price difference between the models is £100 in favour of the Toshiba...

Thanks in advance!

-Jas.

RS 172
Dont think it matters too much, as most branded TV's are much of a muchness, but I would be inclined to go for the Samsung for peace of mind. However, if you really want to save some dosh, I'm sure the Toshiba is a really good TV. Suppose it depends on how much of a brand snob you are :D.

Fabia vRS
Dont think it matters too much, as most branded TV's are much of a muchness, but I would be inclined to go for the Samsung for peace of mind. However, if you really want to save some dosh, I'm sure the Toshiba is a really good TV. Suppose it depends on how much of a brand snob you are :D.

:rolleyes:

R26
Not realy a brand snob tbh. My current TV and PC monitor are Samsung and my parents have a 32" Tosh about a year old. Hooked up my Xbox360 and Gamcube to the Tosh when I lived with my parents at it looked alright, just SD TV looks a bit fuzzy... Can't fault my Samsung either - it's just too small (19")...

-Jas.

R26
£399 for the Tosh and £499 for the Samsung at the Curry's sale. May end up getting it from John Lewis though - 5 year guarantee and all...

RS 172

:rolleyes:

Yes?

If I stuck HDTV's from Sony, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, LG, Toshiba and Co next to each other, could you see dramatic differences in picture? Without digital analysis hardware that is.

1.2 16v
If you get the toshiba from dixons and use JAN10 as the discount code will save a tenner, thinking bout getting one myself!

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Samsung. No questions. I have the R88, its stunning as a looker and use of it is so easy. Picture quality is excellent. But parents bought the 46" M87 :D...Ohh my God...1080p...PS3 and 360 drool. If you've got the extra bit, go for the M8 series!! R8 series is older hence cheaper prices atm..

R26
I'm swaying towards the Samsung but can't ignore the price difference. Will have a look at them side by side in the shop and make a choice then I guess.

DynamicD: Don't really want to go for a 1080p as it's only the 360 that can support it, plus 46" won't fit on my TV bench with the speakers too!