ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[360/PS3/PC] Borderlands 2

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Level 14 at the minute - picked the commando class and chucking everything into upgrading the Sabre turret. Just finished the Loggins mission - which I thought was pretty funny with all the references to Top Gun - including the Shirtless Guys enemies and the volleyball net!

Still not done multiplayer on it yet - which I think is where it will play even better.

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Darren - shame you haven't got this on 360! I am level 24...the more you play it the more you want to play it.

Only downside about co-op is you completely forgot where you are in your own play file - but doesn't really matter as still have fun doing missions again.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Darren - shame you haven't got this on 360! I am level 24...the more you play it the more you want to play it.

Only downside about co-op is you completely forgot where you are in your own play file - but doesn't really matter as still have fun doing missions again.

There's no way D is going to chose an inferior way of playing a FPS title. :cool:

Haha! Too true! G13 & G500 mouse combo is how I'm rollin' at the minute - and it's awesome. :)

Currently Lvl28 Commando in SP, with a Lvl7 mechromancer for co-op.

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yes definitely - so much harder but more rewarding in terms of gameplay and loot.

Finally got an orange piece of loot last night - in the form of a homing corrosive grenade that spreads around. To be honest it's probably no better than my existing corrosive singularity grenade but I'll keep it anyway. At level 28 quite surprised I haven't found more of these already, but now got a decent selection of guns and other gear.

I am playing with the Gunzerker and getting towards the bottom of the middle skill tree (where ultimately you can fire a lot faster) - not sure whether to go for the left of the right one afterwards?

Evo 5 RS
Agreed, don't think I'd bother if I had to go through it on my Jack Jones. Makes for some hilarious f**k-ups this game.

Mito Sportiva 135
Also on co-op you get to show off when you have better guns and equipment than your party - which is clearly important!

Evo 5 RS
Without sounding snobby - I've taken the Physx effects for granted. I had no idea how much better they actually look with them enabled!

D.

Did an arena challenge last night, after first wave there was s**t everywhere lol.

capturemq.png

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The multiplayer was pretty fun but it got old pretty quickly IMO.

I rarely played the single player aspect of it.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I've only really done co-op. Level 29 now and the 'orange' class corrosive grenade I have got is ridiculous especially as my class mod gives +14% corrosive damage and I throw 2 grenades in Gunzerker mode.

Just picked up a new minigun which does nearly 800 damage with each bullet last night - but despite spending probably >100k credits on the slot machines still to win anything with the triple vault symbol or the guy with the beard on. Does tipping the bar owner improve the odds does anyone know? As it costs me about 1,200 credits a spin now any tips would be good!

Astra CDTI SRI
f**king love this game.

Got the Bee Shield and the conference call shotgun.

Terramorphous lasts about 30 seconds!

WIN!

Mito Sportiva 135
Even my pistols now cause serious damage...new one is around 1,000 damage! Big time.

Also got a corrosive sniper which is pretty much one hit kills - killed a Constructor with 3 hits last night - almost too easy!

F82 M4
Booted this up last night with my new 570's in SLi. Everything maxed out with full PhysX on my 120hz monitor, it looked incredible! Constant 100-110 fps as well. :cool:

Mito Sportiva 135
Level 29 Sargey...got some decent gear now, think I am nearing the end of the main story so going to do all the extra missions...then probably play through it all again anyway with the DLC!

Wish I could make the backpack bigger...27 spaces just isn't enough! Do you use the storage in Sanctuary to keep any items in at all?

Evo 5 RS
Booted this up last night with my new 570's in SLi. Everything maxed out with full PhysX on my 120hz monitor, it looked incredible! Constant 100-110 fps as well. :cool:

There are some issues with certain setups. Mine dips to 30 sub at points in the game. It needs patching. Although there's some new beta drivers to try out today.

Wait till it gets real busy before commenting ;)

Astra CDTI SRI
Nah, normally just sell all the crap stuff.

You on xbox? If you want to level up fast, add me and join one of my games.

I think you'll get 6000xp each time I kill Terramorphous. Plus sh!t loads of cash, Uridium and weapons.

Mito Sportiva 135
Is Terramorphous the main boss mate? What level are you then?

When you complete the game too...can you keep playing once you complete it or do you have to start a new game afterwards?

Astra CDTI SRI
I'm Level 50 Commando. Terramorphous is another boss after you have finished the game.

Yes, you can continue to finish off any of the mission you haven't done when you have finished.

You can then go for "True Vault Hunter mode" which basically starts the game again, but the enemies start at level 20 odd, so it means you can rank up to Level 50 on the second play through.

Mito Sportiva 135
My mate's mate has already completed the game 3 times! 500+ hours! No idea how he's done it - must have played like 6 hours or more a day since release!

I am level 34 almost now, really looking forward to having nothing to do next weekend and putting some more time in!

BMW Z4
I'm upto level 46 now and on my second play through as the siren...also have a mechromancer at level 20 but much prefer the sirens abilitys.

Mito Sportiva 135
Do any other bits carry into your second game apart from badass points and whatever you leave in Claptrap's locker?

BMW Z4
You carry all your weapons and skill points through with you...nothing is reset although you can choose to reset your badass rank I think.

Mito Sportiva 135
All my weapons?!? Wow. Although obviously won't be able to use any of them straight away - suppose I could sell them and get some serious dollar!

Anyone got the DLC too? Thinking of buying it once I complete the first play through.

BMW Z4
You will be able to use them straight away..your basically starting the second play through at the level you finish the first at, was around 29/30 for me...biggest difference as mentioned is the enemies are a lot harder!

Im also finding new missions still that I'd missed first time around...thought I'd done most of them, goes to show how many there are.

Mito Sportiva 135
You will be able to use them straight away..your basically starting the second play through at the level you finish the first at, was around 29/30 for me...biggest difference as mentioned is the enemies are a lot harder!

Im also finding new missions still that I'd missed first time around...thought I'd done most of them, goes to show how many there are.

Oh right, so your level carries over then? If so...surely bit disappointing after 2+ play throughs if there is a level cap of 50?

Mito Sportiva 135
Completed it on first playthrough at level 36...I was disappointed by the lack of decent drops after killing Jack/Warrior though, don't think I got anything which was better than I had.

Just started my second playthrough now and already quite hard - enemies causing a lot more damage than at the end of the previous game. On the other hand though all the loot is worth a lot more so hoping to get some decent stuff.

Really hope you can take your characters into BL3 though, a la ME series though...that would be great (obviously just the characters and weapons etc rather than story choices)

Mito Sportiva 135
Can't believe no one on here is still talking about this wonderful game - easily the best game of the year for me (not that I've played them all though).

But anyway for anyone whose interested, the second DLC is out now, and meant to be awesome.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe no one on here is still talking about this wonderful game - easily the best game of the year for me (not that I've played them all though).

But anyway for anyone whose interested, the second DLC is out now, and meant to be awesome.

It's definitely up there m8 - without question in my Top 3 this year. SUCH an improvement over the first game. It really does make you wonder how they could improve with Borderlands 3?

Even after all this time, I still haven't tired of the Goliaths. Shooting their masks/helmets off and letting them go all whoop-ass on their fellow minions. :)

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
I love that too! The True Vault Hunter mode is awesome though...much harder right from the off, but more rewarding too. I'm level 41 now and done about 10% of the main campaign/a few side missions and only just started the 1st DLC.

I'm downloading the second DLC now and the reviews I've read of it are all really positive - new weapons, enemies and currency system. Also some more arena style battles, which I loved doing...the music alone was fantastic!

I love the whole presentation, storyline and addictive nature of the game...not to mention the 1up manship with your mates if you get some new gun/kit they don't have. Thoroughly impressed with it all.