ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360/PS3 Which do you have?

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
I've got a foot in the camps, haven't really got one favourite really, depends of the game but COD:MW2 is really making me think.

Golf
Got both, Ps3 hardly ever gets used though and when i move away im taking the 360 with is but not bothering with the Ps3

Got both, tbh my PS3 spends its time gathering dust most of the time. It's noisy as f**k which pisses me right off and tbh there are only a couple of exclusive titles that have impressed me, the multiplats I tend to buy on my xbox for the superior (IMO) joypad and live.

Anyone disputing the how loud my PS3 is ask Brazo, he can confirm it does indeed sound like a jet prop in use.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Got both, tbh my PS3 spends its time gathering dust most of the time. It's noisy as f**k which pisses me right off and tbh there are only a couple of exclusive titles that have impressed me, the multiplats I tend to buy on my xbox for the superior (IMO) joypad and live.

Anyone disputing the how loud my PS3 is ask Brazo, he can confirm it does indeed sound like a jet prop in use.

I have to say mines the oposite, noise wise. My 360 is the noisy one, and the PS3 is really really quiet.

Do agree about the joypad though, the 360's are much much better.

2 x 360 Premium
1 x 360 Elite
PS3
Wii
Gaming PC
DS Lite
SNES, Gamecube, Master System, Megadrive, PS1, Amiga 1200...all pristine...

PS3 only ever gets used for singstar for the wife, and for blurays....its far too noisy, and th eupdates are ridiculous. Plus PS home is gash...thats why its free...Anyone who cant afford 40 quid a year for XBL shouldnt be able to afford the Xbox itself! Plus having compared the same game on both, i find the xbox is graphically superior even though it isnt as powerful on paper....

Mini JCW
Both for me, I must have a quiet PS3, can barely hear it during a even a quieter film:approve:

The 360, however sounds like a f*cking tank, like the 3 previous 360s i've owned.

90% of games I buy for the 360, including most multi-platform games. However games like GT5 and Unchartered 2 make the PS3 worth keeping :)

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
ditto, both. ps3 is only used as a bluray player though, otherwise gathers dust.

PS3 Slim + 360 Elite for me

360 = better online gaming, better controller, party chat cross game
PS3 = bluray, free online

I have to say mines the oposite, noise wise. My 360 is the noisy one, and the PS3 is really really quiet.

Do agree about the joypad though, the 360's are much much better.

Aye Si's is stupidly noisy but I suspect the thermostats gone on it!

Rolling with both here:cool:

And a PC, and a PSP and DS and a Wii :eek:

My PS3 gets used a lot more than my 360 but that's mostly for Play TV, streaming content, music and Blu-ray. I'm mostly into shooters, so games get played mainly on PC. I'll be buying Forza 3 for xbox, and Uncharted 2 for PS3 this year. That's probably about it for consoles.

My PS3 is quiter than my x360 by a country mile. I also seem to get a crisper hdmi image from the PS3.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I've got a foot in the camps, haven't really got one favourite really, depends of the game but COD:MW2 is really making me think.

Get one which most of your friends have... That way you'll always be able to play online together. If Blue Ray's your thing then go for the PS3, if you want gaming then go for a 360 as most multi-format games are normally made for the 360, then ported over to the PS3... In saying that though, sometimes companies build games for dedicated systems :S.

There both good consoles imho.... Its like comparing Prestige Car Brands tbh.

1.8 Civic EX
360 for me...

Was always a sony fan boy, thought the original xbox was total toss but opinion has changed. IMO only thing the PS3 has going for it is the Blue Ray player.

I was tempted to get one when they came out but turns out the fooker is so big it wouldn't actually fit on my shelf lol

the temptation came back when they released the slim then I came to my senses that I actually have no need for another games console that plays exactly the same games with very little exclusive titles to draw me in. Especially now MGS is coming to xbox

57 Clio Campus Sport
Both, 360 way way better for gaming. Ps3 is just for high def tv and movies. Haven't played anyothing on it since the week gt5p came out, and before that, the first month ps3 came out.

360 + Seperate Blu Ray player = More than PS3

I have had both and prefer the PS3

The point being missed when people use that arguement is we're comparing games machines. It's a bit like saying one mobile phone is better than another because it has function X,Y or Z which has nothing to do with being a phone nor enhances its capability as a phone. The only thing PS3 gains from Blu Ray is storage capacity.

Mini JCW
The point being missed when people use that arguement is we're comparing games machines. It's a bit like saying one mobile phone is better than another because it has function X,Y or Z which has nothing to do with being a phone nor enhances its capability as a phone. The only thing PS3 gains from Blu Ray is storage capacity.

That storage capacity not only enables greater potentially game sizes, but also enables all the new HD sounds formats to be included too

I <3 both the 360 and PS3 as both have must have titles, anyone that says otherwise is a fanboy.

My point was when people blow money on a 360 they do so in the knowledge there's something like a 1 in 3 chance it will fail.

If it does it gets repaired FOC returned within a week along with a months XBL free to make up for the inconvenience. Hardly the end of the world being without a games console for a week. If it is then I suggest you get out more. PS3's are starting to rack up a fair few failures now with the YLD. Mine sounds like a harrier performing vertical take off tbh.

Mini Cooper
My point was when people blow money on a 360 they do so in the knowledge there's something like a 1 in 3 chance it will fail.

Not forgetting that Microsoft replace/fix them for free within a week and give you a month free xbox live so no problem there. They pick it up and deliver it free of charge as well.

I have both, xbox is far better for gaming and the online experience is way ahead of ps3, well worth paying £35 a year for.
PS3 for movies/blu ray and as a media device, rarely play games on it.

Oh and forgot to mention my PS3 is incredibly loud, makes me glad i have surround sound to drown it out.

Last edited:

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
If it does it gets repaired FOC returned within a week along with a months XBL free to make up for the inconvenience. Hardly the end of the world being without a games console for a week. If it is then I suggest you get out more. PS3's are starting to rack up a fair few failures now with the YLD. Mine sounds like a harrier performing vertical take off tbh.

But why should you have to keep sending it back at your own inconvenience? Typical shoddy Microsoft products.

But why should you have to keep sending it back at your own inconvenience? Typical shoddy Microsoft products.

It's free to send back IF it fails and the odds on it doing more than once are pretty slim tbh. There are people on here who have launch consoles that have not failed and others that are 4odd years old, been back for repair once and worked fine ever since. If we were all worried about build quality we wouldn't be driving Renaults ;)

a burnt one
Out of curiosity why is the online gamine experience of the 360 so far ahead?

Do both not perform the same function of allowing multiplayer games online? which by all acounts is all you need it for.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
360 for me!
Will get a Ps3 at some point when there are more than 5 good exclusives on it ;)