ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36K service

P2 172, 125d M Sport
I am currently on 32K and will have the pleasure :( of a 36k service soon. My car is a 2002 172. I know the aux belt will need doing on this service, but as my car is over 5 years should I get the cambelt done as well. Cheers

Elise S1 B&C 140
I am currently on 32K and will have the pleasure :( of a 36k service soon. My car is a 2002 172. I know the aux belt will need doing on this service, but as my car is over 5 years should I get the cambelt done as well. Cheers

Yep cambelt needs doing aswell im afraid buddy

P2 172, 125d M Sport
This is gonna be a big bill then, might have to sell a kidney. Is Yozza the best place to check out as I'm in Birmingham?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP

On a 1#2 the recommend times are 72K miles or 5 years old. Many would recommend 60K or 4 years on here though.

It’s a big job and a costly job

From an independent garage expect to pay around £450 -650 (172 cups a bit cheaper)

From a Renault dealership expect to pay £600- 1000.

Many chose to have the water pump replaced also as if the pump fails the whole belts job needs to be done again.

Rubber is funny stuff. Even if the belts look ok that doesn’t represent the state of the rubber. If a brand new elastic band is left in your garden over the summer buy the end of the season it will still look ok but if stretched it will break as the rubber would have become brittle due to the extremes of heat and moisture. The same principle can be applied to the rubber timing and Aux belts on the engine. All the rain and heat will have taken its toll on the rubber.

Nothing wrong with main dealers if your local one is decent but you will pay more for it. Definately get the belt done even though you've not covered the milage 5 years is the time interval for the cambelt.

RB 200 Cup!
On a 1#2 the recommend times are 72K miles or 5 years old. Many would recommend 60K or 4 years on here though.

It’s a big job and a costly job

From an independent garage expect to pay around £450 -650 (172 cups a bit cheaper)

From a Renault dealership expect to pay £600- 1000.

Many chose to have the water pump replaced also as if the pump fails the whole belts job needs to be done again.

Rubber is funny stuff. Even if the belts look ok that doesn’t represent the state of the rubber. If a brand new elastic band is left in your garden over the summer buy the end of the season it will still look ok but if stretched it will break as the rubber would have become brittle due to the extremes of heat and moisture. The same principle can be applied to the rubber timing and Aux belts on the engine. All the rain and heat will have taken its toll on the rubber.

as with all renoault parts i imagine a rubber band would be more reliable ;)

P2 172, 125d M Sport
Should have done a bit more homework I think, found the best car I could (1 mature owner, low mileage), think I would have been better off finding one with a bit more mileage and the belts done. Never mind. Don't think I will even enquire at the local renault dealers. Had a 16v 10 years ago and both Birmingham & Solihull were rubbish, and expensive. Thanks for th help guys

172cup
just drive it.

I always try to get the mileage for my cars years. At 5 yrs i was on 74k so not bad.... on nearly 100k now

P2 172, 125d M Sport
Might have to tap you up in a month or 2. Do you have an idea of how much this would cost?