ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3rd rear seat belt in 172 Cup

Thinking of buying a 172 Cup, but need 3 rear seat belts. Has anyone fitted a 3rd belt as 172 Sport ? Any ideas/thoughts?

No can do. Went to look at one today and only 172 Sport has 3 belts in the back, didnt get the chance to see the belt mount on the roof.

Good news and bad news sorry

Bad news they arnt fitted in attempts to save weight there is a 3rd belt but its a lap belt.

Good news In some car mag reciently an owner was complaining that he hadnt been told that it wasnt present in the Cup. They fitted him one though at Renault. Im guessing all the mojtnign points are there so any Renault dealership could fit a 3rd full belt.

My parents years ago had some sucess with a belt conversion kit. No idea if there are still for sale though. It made the diagnol belt across the pasenger and was clipped to a load strap point in the boot. It never realy worked though as it took ages to get right and even then it only worked if the same person sat in the seat.

Have a go at Renault Im sure they could fix it up thought.

EDD

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

There are only 2 seats in the rear, as its classed as a 4 seater, so even fitting say a lap strap would it legally allow you to carry 4 passengers?!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Renault are taking the piss.. only 2 seatbelts in the back for "weight saving".

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 13 August 2003

Renault are taking the piss.. only 2 seatbelts in the back for "weight saving".
It wasnt done for that reason...

Summat to do with making it a 4 seater apparently!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Rock...believe it or not people in the UK do.

My brother and his gf were over here for Xmas and we went away as a family and him and his gf climbed into the back of the 172 and put their seatbelts on....

then again...maybe it was indicative of my driving style?

I wont drive off unless the ppl in the back have their seat belts on no matter how much they moan. Dont want a 14 stone body flying towards me @ 70 mph!