ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 NEW Eagle F1’s

Off came the Contis on Friday which have been on the 172 since new.

Ive had 23,000 out of them and dont think I have done that bad what with the odd wheelspin here and there! ;-)

Got some decent advice on here and decided to plump for the Goodyear Eagle F1s. They seem a bit hard at the moment but a couple of questions for you all:

1) For anyone who uses F1s- Do you keep the pressures the same as the Contis?

2) How long do you give them as a running in period?

Cheers

yer Paddy said he only got about 6K out of his.

Im pretty good at rotating tyres from back to front and visa versa so that might have given them some extra.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Im on my 3rd set of fronts, at 20K.. thing is I dont drive that hard.. honest Guv

Check the handbook pressures and then experiment with how they feel when you change them - everyone runs different pressures from what Ive read on here! All down to personal taste!

Suprised you think theyre hard - I was under the impression that the contis had stiffer sidewalls than the F1s?!

Just wait for it to rain heavily - youll be the one pressing on while everyone else fannies about! ;)

I run F1s GSD2s at 35 front, 31 rear. gave them 200miles to scrub the rears in before I was able to push it hard again. Felt better than the contis in wet the day I fitted them.

Swelch, do you find they offer better grip when it comes to wheel spinning/torque steer? I am looking to replace my tyres with a set of the stickiest available to make most of fwd on cup?

Cheers

Brazo

Lee

BMW M2C

I gave the F1s a few hundred miles before I started to push. Im running 33 in the front 31 in the rears.

Quote: Originally posted by Moose1978 on 18 January 2004

yer Paddy said he only got about 6K out of his.

Im pretty good at rotating tyres from back to front and visa versa so that might have given them some extra.

Apparently you should not do this as front & rear tyre wear differently & it can have a detrimental affect on the handling

Ive just replaced my 17,500 mile old contis with a full set for F1-GSD3s, apart from the better looking tread and the fact Ive only just got them I dont know if they feel better. I agree with the feeling harder comment as I thought the same, maybe they just have a little higher pressure in em. Although I dont think the car tramlines like it did on the contis.

Now done about 250 miles on them and they feel tonns better.

Even had a prat pull out in front of me on the M1 today..... full weight on the middle peddal and the little Clio felt like it was going nose dive into the tarmac - awesome.

Im running 3.2bar on the fronts and 3.0 on the rears

ps.. totally agree with the tread looking better!

MEGANE

O.E cup contis better than gs-d2s in the dry(wont be buying f1s again) just put some michelin exaltos on they seem good but havent tried them in the wet, might try & get some cup contis if i can??

Lee

BMW M2C

They grip amzingly in the wet too. Ive really been enjoying my car again since getting them fitted.

I paid £290 for 4 from Kwik Fit.

JUST CHANGED FROM MICHELIN PILOTS TO CONTI-SPORTS - tramlining is almost non -existant, and mpg has gone up by about 10%, not sure about tyre wear as the michelins looked brand new at 5000 miles!!

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by Moose1978 on 19 January 2004

Now done about 250 miles on them and they feel tonns better.

Even had a prat pull out in front of me on the M1 today..... full weight on the middle peddal and the little Clio felt like it was going nose dive into the tarmac - awesome.

Im running 3.2bar on the fronts and 3.0 on the rears

ps.. totally agree with the tread looking better!

Really! christ!