ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 Problem and ive had the car 2 hours, ca

Trophy Turbo :)

Help.

Just got my car and even tho iysd "had a full insopection, Service i have soem problems

1) When i close the doors and lock them the lights flash twice as normal, but after 30 seconds they constantly flas and dont stop, no noise from the alarm tho? Any help as ive had to just lock all doors with the key

2) The Cd changer does not work its all pluged in and will ejext i have put 6 cds in but wen i select the CD option the screen says "NO CD"

3) The engine makes a tapping noise as if the mount was loose but wen i rev it to say 2000 it goes off and is only there wen idle or movign slow, the garage said they had replaced the mounting.

4) The handles to move the seat forward and Backwards has falen off in my hand its a pretty long metal bar with the plasic handles on

I have had the car 2 hours and am relly fed up already can soem one help me please all ideas will be greatefull.

Andy

Brand new car? Reject it, get the dealer to get you another. There shouldnt be that many faults, even in a Renault. Sounds like a Friday afternoon car. :cry:

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear about your problems. Id be back there first thing in the morning personally with a letter outlining what you were buying and the full list of faults.

At least give them a chance to put right what is wrong and ask for some compensation.

Si.

car? need a license 1st!

4 faults in 2 hours is not good.. even for an old car.

Did you get your car from a dealer? If so id take it back and tell them to sort it.

its not brand new its a 172 on a w reg low milage.

list now

*fog light no work (even tho apparanty its been MOTed)

*cd player no work

* seat no work

*engien sounds nasty

* one key

*Its a renault dealer yes and dont worry ill be straight there at 8.30 sharp all this money ive spent and im uinhappy.

But on a better not the car is a total speed machine enjoying the drive ;)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Glad you can see the upside.

Make sure you write it all down mate - dont go in there kicking off this that and tother doesnt work. Have it in writing. Always look good! :)

Boz

Arctic 182

Some CD changers work with the disc facing shiney side up, not label side up. Mines like that and said NO CD when I tried it initially with label side up.

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

try the cd mate with what bozm said! im curious as to see if it will work on yours!(then at least you have sounds mate)

Good idea about CD.

I test drove hered the noise on engine he said Engine mount, And he said it been all sorted but it obviously hasnt, Didnt try cd player, the seat was ok. It had a "123point Check" and now i find only one fog works even tho he said he was putting a 12 MOT on it, and it wudnt pass with one fog not working, Lets hope it all gets fixed them ill be happy;-)

By teh way them VTR really are slow LOL

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

OMG !!!! Just like me, i only got one key, fan belt was slipping, spedo was wrong, faulty starter motor and knocking noise in the rear, and call the aa out after ten minutes of first driving it lol

dk

911 GTS Cab

Thats really bad, I feel for you mate, the last thing you need when you get all excited and pick up a new car is for it to have that many problems, especially after they said they had checked it over and sorted what was wrong.

Good luck with them tomorrow, hopefully they will be apologetic and help you out asap.