ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

40 inch telly, £500 budget, wa gwan?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
As above. I've spent a total of less than £500 on televisions (4 of them!) in the last 7 years and it's now time to replace the one in the lounge. Yes I'm tight.

I want it to be able to work on wifi if possible so I can get Netflix etc. I'm not a boffin so super hi resolution doesn't interest me. But at the same time I want a good picture. Ideally I want a 40 inch but a 42 would be ok.

Can anyone recommend anything? Tesco had some good ones today, a Samsung and an LG.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
As above. I've spent a total of less than £500 on televisions (4 of them!) in the last 7 years and it's now time to replace the one in the lounge. Yes I'm tight.

I want it to be able to work on wifi if possible so I can get Netflix etc. I'm not a boffin so super hi resolution doesn't interest me. But at the same time I want a good picture. Ideally I want a 40 inch but a 42 would be ok.

Can anyone recommend anything? Tesco had some good ones today, a Samsung and an LG.

http://www.sonicdirect.co.uk/prod/P...oglemerchant&gclid=CPudmKv22McCFUFmGwodt0wK5w

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Go for Samsung, they just work well, the picture is pretty good and they're easy to use.

Whatever you buy tho, you have to accept the sound is kinda s**t, the TVs are so thin it's just not possible to fit decent speakers.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got an LG 3D smart tv. 46inch.
Cost around £500 I think and was from currys/pc world.
Was a house warming present and I don't know the exact model but it came with 5x now tv passes and 3 months free sky movies.
You can get a lot for £500 to be fair.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Richersounds > Currys etc, they do 5 years? insurance for 10% of the item cost.

dk

911 GTS Cab
You know we have a technology section full of TV threads right ;)

Or is your internet 'not working' again ;)

I've always had sony but my next one will be Samsung, they make the best TVs at the moment.

Reactions: C.J
I've got a 2 year old Samsung LED. The picture is great if you're looking straight at it, but the colours look strange if you're viewing from the side..

And a soundbar is essential tbh

Mec 350 slk manual
When you find a TV for £500 go to john Lewis to see if they will price match and you will get a 5 year guarantee as std ,

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
This is the one I got, and I'm very happy with it. As others said about licences etc. Samsung are the only brand that come with All 4 which is basically 90% of what I watch (I think some Sony's have it with YouView, but they're more expensive)

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and...g-ue43j5600-smart-43-led-tv-10126331-pdt.html

John Lewis do one with 5 years warranty of course, but it's slightly lower spec (and a different colour)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Sony Bravia and budget in the soundbar 100% worth the extra plus you can link it with your phone for music.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have a surround set up so not worried about sound bars.
Thanks for the recommendations though.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Buy whatever you're going to buy from John Lewis or Richer Sounds. JLP will he you the guarantee as standard, if it's a model JLP carry, RS will match the guarantee.

FF Clio 182
If you push to 48" then this is what you want. £500 on Amazon originally £800 retail.

Samsung 48" LED smart TV

74f69ffae898c9af677c42c6ca7a4c7e.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I wouldn't spend any of my money on a Samsung TV.

Utter Tosh.