ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

48.8 mpg...

Subaru Forrester

:eek:

In traffic from Fleet services where I filled up, up the M3, along the M25 and up the A217 to Kingswood.

Thought I was gonna reach 50 but topped at 48.8. Couldnt believe it.

the best i have averaged is from mine to birmingham

a6003, a14, m6 - at an average of 58mpg

usual mpg is nearer to 32 (does that say hw much i abuse my car??)

though recently i have seen figures around the 37mpg mark

Elise/VX220/R26

dont understand your guys economy figures. My GF drives our 172 monday to friday (VERY conservatively like never revving over 3 1/2 grand) and we get 31 mpg. This drops to about 30 - 31 when I get in it:devilish: havent done a big motorway run yet but I know most people on here are quoting at least 5 more mpg than I get from mine. Its only just run in so I dont know if that makes any difference?

Silver Fabia vRS

I used to get around 32mpg with my 172 but that was mostly town driving. Now I get around 42mpg going up to around 50mpg on motorways!

When i first got the car first half a tank was easy to keep above 54mpg right upto 58/59mpg now im lucky if i get it above 43!!

Subaru Forrester

I was in traffic so only going around 60-70mph... never seen anything like it before. When my GF used to drive it she managed 44 but even that was loads highere than me. Usually average 37 ish.

Thats not FAIR!!! My 1.2 16v doesnt get anywhere near that I only get around 38-40mpg from it and thats on a run!!!

Which Kingswood are you on about Ian P, I live in a kingswood in Bristol, is that the one you drove to or are there lots of other Kingswoods in Britain?

clio 20v

i havent a clue wot my mpg is, normally i get 70-90 mile out of a tenners worth of optimax depending how i drive it

did get 110 mile recently before i filled up but it was empty and it prob wasnt on empty when i put the tenner in

i always reset the trip when i fill up no fancy computer on my car to tell me my mpg tho

adi

clio 20v

kin ell i only get 300 mile to 30 quids worth of juice in my diesel van and if im really lucky an drive slow in the valver 270 more likely 220-250 ish

adi

172, Tiguan

Sorry guy an old thread but amusing!

I once saw 99mpg on my Dci over a 20 mile journey on A roads!

Quote: Originally posted by philip on 23 May 2003

27 mpg - best so far - trying hard for 20mpg..
LOL - i can get mine down to about 16mpg coming home from the garage when I have reset the trip - specially if the Cup has been for a re-fuel at the same time!!!

Ive had 99.9 mpg on my C172..... but then I was rolling down a very long steep hill in neutral at 70-80mph and had just reset the counter.....does that count?