ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4k rattle

172 no more :(

Yes its another 4k exhaust rattle topic.

When my car was having its 36k service I had the main dealership check my exhaust rattle. I explained it was a common fault etc.

They said it was the baffles and was not covered so I contacted Renault Customer Services (RCS). Ive been back and forth with them for weeks now and the delay is that the dealership will not return their calls etc. Now they have informed RCS that they have never seen the car and I should book it in.

I informed RCS that I was unhappy with the dealership and they told me that I should use another one.

If anyone here has had their 4k rattle sorted in the S. Wales area under warranty after the first year, please could you let me know which dealership you used. Either reply or pm.

Regards

Gravells in Kidwelly South Wales said theyll replace rattling exhaust, its booked in on the 24th so Ill let you know if they sort it. They are sorting out all my other problems awell!

Hi richross i took my 172 to kedwelly for 4k rattle but they wanted £371 to replace it and mine is still under warranty they said it doesnt cover exhausts, how did you get them to do it soo easily??????????????

It hasn’t been changed yet, it’s booked in on the 24th. They said they’ll sort it though, I assumed it was being replaced under the warranty. Ill let you know what the outcome is..

Renault (Leic) told me that as my car was an import i had no warantee but after complaining to Renault UK they replaced the centre section of the exhaust free of charge as a good will gesture.

True Exhausts arent covered by the Warrenty, but its not an Exhaust FAULT, theres nothing wrong with the Exhaust :) it just Rattles, loose mounting etc.

Just keep hammering the point and get them to phone Renault, its a documented fault with 172s, I had it on my 2001 172. Replacing the "Mid Box" might not fix it either, so youve paid £371 for nothing. On my Car it was a Loose Heat Shield on the CAT that was rattling at 4k.

I got a New Cat from my Dealer, because the Cat was working the Pipe to it had "Fractured" and that Pipe was covered :)

Renault Customer Services have said that if the dealer says it is a maufacturing fault then they may cover it, otherwise pro-speed here I come.

Renault Dealer has now informed me that i need a complete exhaust as they do not replace centre sections only.

Sarcasm mode on

And all for the reasonable sum of just under £600. Sounds a bargain for only a 1yr guarantee.

Sarcasm mode off

I was also considering buying another Renault but not any more.

After a lot of chasing phone calls the centre section of my exhaust has now been replaced by Renault.

I hope that this now solves the problem, ill let you know if it does not.