ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4s on Orange, anyone managed a deal from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Afternoon

Ive been reading on other forums that people have and wondered if anyone on here has? Ive seen people mentioning getting a 32gb for £90.00 etc

I phoned up and was nice as pie. Been with them 10 years etc. I spoke to retentions, very polite and made up a better deal i had been offered. Only sensible with my made up deal too. They would do nothing on a 4s and happy to lose my business. I CAN get a better deal elsewhere though..

On a Galaxy S2 however i was offered -

18 months
600 mins
unlimited txts
1 GB of internet

£17.50 per month with the phone free. Its getting hard to justify the 4s.

dom-792655.png

Listerine & Poledo
Why cut you a deal when some sucker will pay over-the-odds for their must-have rectangle.

Clio 172
Galaxy s 2 all the way my Galaxy s has been great. friends of mine have had problems with the 4s and pay a lot more for it to!!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
This isnt a thread on which is best. More so, if anyone's managed to squeeze a deal from them. I may just put up.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
housemate got free phone and £35 per month with unlimited texts and lots of minutes 1GB of data i think

2014 Clio 200t edc
Take the galaxy, sell it and your current phone, buy a 4s sim free. You'll have the best deal ever and a 4s!!
That's what I'd do anyway.

If they had the same update as us (T-Mobile) then it is direct match only. Why would the do it any cheaper if they know they are gonna sell out of the initial stock?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
he has been with orange a while so its a special deal for a loyal customers, i can get more details if you want

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
If they had the same update as us (T-Mobile) then it is direct match only. Why would the do it any cheaper if they know they are gonna sell out of the initial stock?

My question is simple. I have read that other people have had deals on Orange and thought id ask the question on here. You're presuming they're not. I just wanted to know other people experiences.

Take the galaxy, sell it and your current phone, buy a 4s sim free. You'll have the best deal ever and a 4s!!
That's what I'd do anyway.

Either do this, or just keep the galaxy. Is it worth paying x amount more for a (in some peoples opinions) better phone? The galaxy should still be a very capable phone.

My input was regarding what Everything Everywhere (the parent company) have told us (T-Mobile) about upgrades on the 4S. Current policy states that it is on a direct match only basis. Now as EE own Orange I would presume this to be the case across both companies. I would expect that people who have received a "deal" from Orange had spoken to an agent who wasn't really aware of the policy.

Usually with these kind of things they stay the same for a few weeks and then slowly but surely they become a bit more open to discounts.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My input was regarding what Everything Everywhere (the parent company) have told us (T-Mobile) about upgrades on the 4S. Current policy states that it is on a direct match only basis. Now as EE own Orange I would presume this to be the case across both companies. I would expect that people who have received a "deal" from Orange had spoken to an agent who wasn't really aware of the policy.

Usually with these kind of things they stay the same for a few weeks and then slowly but surely they become a bit more open to discounts.

housemate got free phone and £35 per month with unlimited texts and lots of minutes 1GB of data i think

Bang goes that theory.

Clio 172 cup
As the op has found out,

Orange reward you with f**k all for being a loyal customer when it comes to the latest phones

Bang goes that theory.

Not really. The word of an employee vs the friend of someone who says they got a good deal.

The only way for a good deal is with some sort of friends and family discount. The 4S will sell easily and if you don't pay full price, the person behind you in the queue will do.

They give the S2 away for obvious reasons.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ok. So there are no deals to be had then.

"I gave the bird some of my scenester charms and she told me that was what I could do, 29.99 for the handset on my £40 contract, then she broke out a huge book of companies that orange give discounts to and told me to find anyone I knew who worked for them, and she'd sort me out with more discount"

Ive read this along with many many others on other forums.

600 mins
unlimited text
1 gig internet

£30.75 PCM

16 gig 4S

With Orange? How much for the phone?

If you can't get them to lower it, saying 'But BillyBob got more texts than me' is hardly likely to get you very far.

Status
Not open for further replies.