ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4X4 clio sport anyone

had an idea the other day while waiting for my clio after its service.in the showroom was a scenic 4x4.hmmm. after a quick look at the engine block and gearbox and with a bit of work(especially at the rear) i reckon this could be down.i wondered has anyone thought of this or indeed done this awesome idea.just think.........the possibilities.
200 bhp 4-wheel drive clio!!!!

Captain Slarty was planning to do a 4x4 clio after the turbo development I would interested to see this hehe. Me personally Im going for traction control.

Chun.

what do yer think capt a good idea or what.
but an easier way might be to stick a 172 unit into a scenic!!!!!!!!! no maybe not.
cheers man-chun.

Hi dood..

yes, its certainly possible.

the clio 2 was apparantly designed with this in mind. they even bent the anti-roll bar to clear the drive shaft.

this is next years project.. seriously... it doesnt look like too much work..

fit RX4 gearbox with 172 internals..

remove fuel tank and rear suspension..

remove spare wheel well.

make lightweight rear subframe from box section *Scenic is HEAVY galvanised

modify scenic split propshaft assembly to fit..

make exhaust system to co-exist with propshaft.....

modify viscous coupling by fitting a limited slip plate unit.. (or in car adjustment)

fit bag tank for fuel in rear - behind seats...

loose spare wheel..

there ya go..

simple really.. .. ok, I lied about it being *simple*... but certainly possible..

and dood.. only 200 bhp ???.

with the turbo lump n 4x4 I would be running nearer 300....

way to go !

patience young skywalker

Joe

I coonsidered this, but I wouldnt do this to a 172..

If anyone is up for it, I can assist..

A nice 2ltr turbo rear wheel drive, that would be bloody entertaining !

Joe...
I will stick to the 4*4 plan though lol

HEY CAPTN,
ANOTHER POSSIBILITY WOULD BE THE (PLANNED) UNIT FOR THE UP-COMING MEGANE SPORT,......A 172 MOTOR BUT "SUPER CHARGED"
THE MORE YOU FINK ABOUT IT THE BETTER IT GETS.
GRANT.

unfortunatly not.seen one bad photo and a brief description.sounds good though.if i find antymore ill send it in.grant