ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

50.9mpg!!!!

RenaultSport clio 172
Yep managed to get 50.9mpg over a 52 mile run yesterday in the 172. Was all on A roads and dual carriageways and to be honest I was trying my best. Decelerating at the slightest of hazards really makes a difference and keeping it at just under 60mph most of the time. Not sure how accurate the readout actually is but I was very impressed.

Mk4 .:R32
:eek: The most I've got cruising on the motorway at 60 ish was 47 MPG. I got 99 MPG once by coasting down hill after resetting the trip computer haha.

Renaultsport Clio 182
i've seen 38 once or twice but usually sits around the 30-31 ish mark for my everyday driving.

less when i'm giving her a pasting!!!

RenaultSport clio 172
Sorry i forgot to say, i was going to see a customer for work so it was either that or being in the office so i decided to drive slowly and reap the maximum benefit of being paid 40p a mile.

RB 182 Cup
most ive had is 54.6 i can remember the day as i pulled my phone out to take a pic and the screen on my d900 was cracked :(

Black R27 #443
I average 40mpg in my cup. I have had 45mpg on a 200mile round trip. And 42mpg on a trip down to london and back on the motorway sat @ 75 - 80mph.

i was trying to work out costs of an ST over a Golf the other day and went a little bit anal:

£4.30 per gallon, 10,000 miles
25mpg = £1,720
27mpg = 1,591
30mpg = 1,431
32mpg = 1,341
33mpg = 1,303
34mpg = 1,264

really doesn't make much diff, does it?

320d
you must be hammering it then mate, i try to drive economically around town and cane it on dual carraigeways etc, even when going fast on dual carraigeways and motorways my mpg always goes up.

P

phill172

must find the photo, gave it a bit of a spank on the way back from dieppe, was late for the shuttle, it started off on 11mpg on the instantanoues (yes i cant spell!) then sat around 15!

Golf TDI
yer well it was the first week of owning a car !! the novelty ! 2 weeks on and now im getting bout 38 mpg :) better :p !!!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Should of bought a "normal" car.

You don't buy a Renault Sport Clio to do 50 mpg!

Sure you don't, but its nice when it happens

With the current government being anti-car and anti-speeding, good fuel economy is all we have to look forward to when we go for a drive :(

ford focus
i get 45 average in a 1.2 n i floor it now n again at the lights

mite sounds stupid but ive been told having a sub can decrease the mpg because the sub is powering more off your battery?