ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

500 Abarth Turbo 1.4

visualize whirled pe
Narp, the new 1.4 500 uses the same engine as the Panda and produces 100hp also. All 1.4 Fiat 500's are 100bhp, the 1.2 is 69bhp.

No one is 100% what power the Abarth is suposed to be but it'll be more than 100bhp, likely it will be about 135-150bhp.

I read somewhere that you can buy a fi kit the standard 1.4 100hp Fiat 500 already.

visualize whirled pe
Styling kits available already (some are a bit runnish)

http://www.absmotorsport.net/fiat-50...26d135a43f81f8

Euro'd
GERMANY2008510.gif

Sports kit
GERMANY2008524.gif

visualize whirled pe
Fiat boys reckon it will be about 125bhp

25 horse power from a turbo? :S I doubt that the car's already 100bhp.

A remap will get you 9 bhp
http://www.nuova500shop.com/productview.aspx?PID=4&npp=12&cp=0&cat=1
so that's 16hp from a turbo and intercooler, being as the turbo'd engine will have a remap. i doubt that too.

There will be a 2 cylinder version with a turbo, that is not the Abarth though, that's just another engine choice.

I dont think Abarth will want to let anything leave the factory without at least 35 more hp, the Fiat sites I've been on rekon the abarth will make 135-150bhp a main dealer told me it was an optimistic 160bhp

We will see.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
mazda 2MPS is going to be the best mico-hot-hatch.

150bhp and under 1000kg

(so ive read in the various scoops pages)

visualize whirled pe
Am I missing something?? :nono:

No.For a start it looks nice and chunky with proper arches,tunable and red and white always gets my vote

I didnt want to like these things but I went to a dealership which also sold Suzuki with my folks to take their swift in for a service and spotted the 500 in the show room, so thought I'd have a look.
They are really suprisingly solid, the chrome door handles are nice and chunky and the doors close with a real thud.

My grandad had an old fiat panda and we used to call it the fiat flask because it was like a tin can, these new fiats are built to a high standard (either that or they are filling the doors with concrete) the dash is really nice too.

visualize whirled pe

150bhp and under 1000kg

mazda-2-ginebra-2008-oficial-8.jpg

Not seen that before, good power to weight. The looks dont do anything for me though, the nose looks like its been chopped off a bigger car and grafted onto something lupo sized.

visualize whirled pe
The latest Ka will be based on the Fiat 500, so if you are not keen on the fiat's looks the new Ka will be a bit more angular, kind of like a mini corsa vxr.

I like the new twingo too, from the pics I've seen the RS is quite nice.

154946.jpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

150bhp and under 1000kg

mazda-2-ginebra-2008-oficial-8.jpg

Not seen that before, good power to weight. The looks dont do anything for me though, the nose looks like its been chopped off a bigger car and grafted onto something lupo sized.

If that weighs what it says and comes out with that power quoted it will be a cracking car,and will most likely eclipse the 197 if the chassis is sorted

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i've seen a few 500's on the road. tbh, does nothing for me. just looks a bit too ''cute''

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Who could honestly own a car you could look at and say "Aww, isn't that cute" ?

visualize whirled pe
Who could honestly own a car you could look at and say "Aww, isn't that cute" ?

The same way I'd own a car like yours and say "Aww, isnt that a beast!"

I'd love a little 500 for shopping runs and sharing with the other half, and a Vee for fun... and not sharing with the other half.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I hope its the kick up the backside that renault need to pull something out of the hat

corsa ecoflex
I test drove one of these little 500s when my dad was trading in his old fiat punto..great little cars although they are really tiny,in the end my dad got a new grande punto with the funny auto/manual gearbox...lets see how long it takes to break it lol

Really really liking that. I've seen a few of the new ones around (normal ones) Thye look quite nice (but girly) That one looks good. The red one with the kit on looks cool as too.

I love the old 500 too & will deffo have one one day.