ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

500GB hard Drive

Rob_887 said:
hey just wanting to buy a External hard drive for my CARputer :) and was wondering is this any good http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/500GB-NEW-MAXTOR-USB-Portable-External-Hard-Disk-Drive_W0QQitemZ300028008970QQihZ020QQcategoryZ16178QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

and will i be able to keep swaping this from my room pc to my car pc 2 transfer data and will i be able to play music / movie right off the external hard drive

i've got a the maxtor one touch 2, and yes, just 'eject' the drive, unplug it from ur system, then plug it into the next one, but you'll need 2 power supplies unless u move that over with it. its just like a giant usb drive, ur comp will treat it as a data drive, so can play stuff straight off it.

just noticed it needs power 250Volts yer :( is there any around 500Gb mark that use's Just the usb power?

172 Cup
Lacie make external HD's over 160gb that are powered via UsB and Firewire. I know they do a 200 and 320gb version atleast and possibly more.

.Griff. said:
Lacie make external HD's over 160gb that are powered via UsB and Firewire. I know they do a 200 and 320gb version atleast and possibly more.

Model numbers?

But it's not powered over USB? :rasp:

Altho, I'm now looking at those drives, as I can use them on my MBP.. :p

I always limited my search to USB before, and 160GB is the biggest (laptop drive) to be powered via USB.. which never really was big enough.

any links to theses hard drives :) looking for some thing about 250? 200? biggest i can get really.
indeed the mother board has two 1394 ports