ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

51 plate 172 clio, various issues, hole in the block??

Clio 172
Hey guy's sorry to keep pecking peoples brains, just like the say thanks for the advice given and taking the time to read my post.

So as you may read in my previous posts ever since having my head gasket done I've had issues with water with my clio, first of all the water kept disapearing so the car would over heat, I took it back various times and was told there's nothing more he can do and he thinks there is a hole in the block, now I asked a few people about this and to get a hole in your block can be quite hard? 1000deg I hear? He even sniff tested it and it didn't change colour, so I got it pressure tested he said the enginge was warm not hot but warm and it held it's pressure all the way through and then it all came out of the header cap, so he replaced the header cap and it held its water for a few weeks or so then it disapeared again... So I changed the thermostat on sat, still not luck...

Now all of a sudden the car over heats when driving a mile or so, like the temp gauge points north... So I replaced the fan temp sensor, now that worked but not in the best of ways... The heaters are cold to start the car reads it's over heating then all of a sudden boom it drops after a few seconds and drives like a dream.

Anyway I bled the engine on sat when changing the thermostat and there were LOADS of bubbles looked like a scene from sponge bob square pants... so I let it all out until blue water/antifreeze was flowing through the pipe into the header tank... Great runs fine until... It loses water AGAIN

then today I drove around 140 miles on the motorway and on my way home the car sounds like a bag of nuts!!! The thing sounds like a VW camper van when putting the throttle down untill 2700 revs then it just sounds fine and picks up, so after a few miles it over heats and I'm thinking oh dear be very carful the head might go if you don't stop so I pulled over and filled it with water let the pressure out filled it and it started like a dream no VW camper noise fine at all revs...

Now one strange thing i noticed the water i put in had no anti freeze in yet when i let the pressure go and it came back up it was blue again dark blue... So had it mixed?

Also I watched what it did with out much water in the header cap so i turned the car over after a while it started filling it's self up with water through the pipe leading to the header tank???

Sorry to write such a long post but I can't afford any more money on this car the head/belt/waterpump/MOT/tax/Insurance cost a smooth 2300... Never mind the 30 here or 60 there... Could there be a hole in the block?

Anyone got any advice to any of the above it would mean a lot to me thanks again

Danny

Loads of things it could be best off going to a garage. But it could be your pump not circulating the water just cause its new dont mean it's not that