ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

51 reg 1.2 16v starting issues (immobiliser)

Mazda 3 MPS
Hi guys
The clio in question has been sitting for a while and the battery went flat so we've replaced the battery. The central locking works fine but the engine will only crank for around 5 seconds and then stops. The immobiliser light on the dash is still flashing after the engine stops cranking. I'm starting to loose the will to live. Any help or guidance will be massively appreciated!

I dont know if its the same thing, but when my car was sitting for a few months, went to start it and the immobiliser was flashing away and the engine just cranked over. Read up on it and was told to put key in, turn to ignition on, wait for 30 seconds, turn key off (dont take it out the barrel) and then turn it all the way to start without stopping, started first time. Might work might not, worth a try

Westfield, 182, 200
My lads car had a flat battery, charged it and it cranked for a few seconds, then stopped.

Tried this,

'Solid red imobiliser light means the imobiliser light isnt being recieved by the injection computer (or the injection computer is not communicating). This Normally happends after you change the battery.
Try, turning the ignition on (but not starting it) for about 30 seconds. Then off. Then lock and unlock the car. They try and start it. Normally sets them again.'

Worked for me!