ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

52 plate Clio 1.4 16v starting issues

Vw Polo GTI
Hi, just signed up as having issues with my girlfriends clio.
Basically, what she has told me is that when she goes to start it after finishing work, she goes to start it nothing happens. No "flat battery" noise, dash lights up ok. After a few attempts it will start, but will idle low. Ive done a cambelt water pump and also alternator as it started going flat and the alternator after being tested came up as faulty.

The not starting issue was there before i did this apparently. Has anybody got any ideas? As ive trawled through the net and possible starter wire issue? Or a battery not fully charged.

any help would be gratefully accepted

Tim

Clio 172 cup
If it turns over but doesn't fire...try cleaning the throttle body, they are very sensitive to any build up of crap on them.

Clio 172 cup
If its not turning over...change the starter spade connector and check your injection relays, there might be corrosion on them.

Clio 172 cup
Then replace the spade connector and check the relays, earths etc. Clean the throttle body anyway cause that's probably your poor idle issue.

Clio 172 cup
Not necessarily a known problem but they're pretty exposed on the 1.4's and it would be good practice to change it.