ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

54 PLATE MK2 CLIO AIR FILTER LOCATION

MK2 Clio 2004 1.2
Alright guys, this is my first car and I'm new to Clio's so I probably sound stupid but would appreciate no 'clever dick' comments, I need a genuine hand.

Looking in the Haynes manual to find the air filter location, and I could be being thick but my engine doesn't look anything like any in the manual and I can't for the life of me find the air filter?? I've bought a K&N air filter and want to replace the factory air filter with it. Here are some pics.

www.flickr.com/photos/125787268@N03/14349072229

www.flickr.com/photos/125787268@N03/14532350711

Thanks in advance

Clio 182
Is the air box not on the end of tht black hose at front? Not looked under the bonnet of one of these myself- js a guess

MK2 Clio 2004 1.2
Is the air box not on the end of tht black hose at front? Not looked under the bonnet of one of these myself- js a guess

Not sure which hose you're talking about mate but I've looked everywhere and can't see it

The Haynes manual will be for the older 1.2 16v engine probably, they changed it around 53/04 plate cars.

That big black box on top of the engine is actually the airbox, the filter inside is much smaller than that though.

MK2 Clio 2004 1.2
The Haynes manual will be for the older 1.2 16v engine probably, they changed it around 53/04 plate cars.

That big black box on top of the engine is actually the airbox, the filter inside is much smaller than that though.

So the air filter I've got isn't the correct one?

So the air filter I've got isn't the correct one?

Depends if you have bought the filter for 2004 onwards models. Got a link to what one you bought?

They may both share the same filter, as I said the actual filter element in that box is only a quarter of the size of what you can see on top of the engine. Take the lid of it off and see, will be 4 or 5 torx screws (IIRC) round the edges holding it on.

That's an odd engine cover?

All 1.2 16vs from late 53 plates on look like that.

MK2 Clio 2004 1.2
Depends if you have bought the filter for 2004 onwards models. Got a link to what one you bought?

They may both share the same filter, as I said the actual filter element in that box is only a quarter of the size of what you can see on top of the engine. Take the lid of it off and see, will be 4 or 5 torx screws (IIRC) round the edges holding it on.

All 1.2 16vs from late 53 plates on look like that.

Ok mate you've been a great help cheers