ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6ft 2 and a clio?

I am new to the site so go easy,,, ;)

Anyway I have been looking at the 172's on the internet and want one. However I am around 6ft 2 and wondering how you get on in the clio if you are around that tall?

Problem I have is I will be buying the car,well sending my old man to get it so the car is ready for me when I come back in the country. I will be taking it straight to Germany so I don't have the time to go car hunting when back in the UK.

Also a lot of long journeys and with the clio being a small car I am not sure how it will get on? I will be coming back to the UK every other weekend for 2 months or so.

What do you guys think? I am only looking to keep it for 2, maybe 3 months while I work in Germany and then sell. I do not think I will lose much??
Cheers!!

Golf R32
I'm 6ft1 and my 182 is no problem for me apart sitting in the back but its my car so that won't be happening. Only thing is I have the seat very far back, so passsenger leg room is almost non existant.

As far as losing out not sure on that front

106 GTi
The seating position is poor as it is. I am over 6 foot and it is ok on long Journeys, my 306 is a lot more comfy in the legroom department.

T

thecremeegg

6ft 5 here and the clio has the best headroom of many small cars i found, obviously with the seats pushed back

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Hello hightower.Theres plenty of room for a tall driver.Just dont ask anyone to sit behind you

ian

R26r R26
Im 6"3 and its ok appart from the crap seat.Also have to have the seat as far back as it goes but never had anyone sitting on the back seats.Seriously thinking about stripping out the rear and putting a proper set of seats in the front.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i'm 6"2 and there is more head room and the seat will go back a bit more as well! not much room in the back tho;) and i do a a good bit of Mway drivin!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Im 6"2 as well and always had the seat right back but covered more than 60000 miles in 3 years and was fine, got a bit uncomfy after a few hours but yet to find a car that I don't!

535d / t5 caravelle
i'm 6'2" and have a williams mk1 clio, no problems at all, more than enough room

Less
6"3 and seat is all the way back for me and in the lowest position. I have adjusted the steering wheel and my position behind the wheel is comfy!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Some right lankeys in this thread :p
6'0 here with no problems (i do like the seat 'pushed right back' position though).