ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6mm socket gone forever??

Fiesta ST3
just putting my repaired heater resistor pack back on the car and i have dropped the socket in the bit under the scuttle panel where the resistor goes and where the pollen filter is:dapprove:
cant see it anywhere :mad: could it fall out or is it stuck in there ?
any one got a pic of that bit with all the heater and blower bits taken out so i can see where it is likely to be dont fancy stripping it all out to try and find it and if its not going to cause any damage its likely to stay there:S

Black Sheep
JUst forget about it. coming from a guy who cracked his windscreen trying to get a wiper arm off today. BUT i missed an old b*****d by the skin of my teeth who pulled out on me, ABS down the road style all in the same day.

It will fall out but wont get in any belts ect back there.

PSso wish I had video as I normally have one running for a moment like that.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Very easy to remove the panel to gain access. No tools needed and can be done in about 15 secs.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I once lost one and found it about 3 months later sat on the gearbox god knows how it stayed there
Think I can beat that. Had my draper inspection torch on a truck, forgot to take it off, 6 weeks later and 20,000kms later it comes back in and the torch is still there covered in dirt, whacked it on charge and worked a treat

Clio 172
I dropped a tiny ring spanner once into my washer bottle without realising and only found out 1.5 years later when I was looking inside it!

2007 clio dynamique
Think I can beat that. Had my draper inspection torch on a truck, forgot to take it off, 6 weeks later and 20,000kms later it comes back in and the torch is still there covered in dirt, whacked it on charge and worked a treat

Yes that does probably beat mine lol especially being a torch and having covered so many miles

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Yes that does probably beat mine lol especially being a torch and having covered so many miles
The amount of tools that go missing is unreal. Within a year and a half I've replaced half my tools because they've gone missing

HBT 172 Cup
I lose half my tool kit everytime i work in the engine bay :D

I've done a few clutch/gearbox/engines changes in my time and have had numerous rattles followed by bangs as sockets and spanners fall out the engine bay and fly off down the road lol

Mondeo TDCI 130
lol, years ago, i was playing f**k at the dealer i worked at, some c**t had lost my snap on 10mm spanner..... mr nobody as usual like, anyway, after 12 months i am mot'ing a laguna and guess what, my 10mm spanner is on the N/S rear bleed nipple.....

Went and searched through the history who had serviced it, it was a lad called Sam, took him underneath and asked him if he had anything to tell me!:p

Still have the spanner to this day.

172 cup, Impreza P1
lol, years ago, i was playing f**k at the dealer i worked at, some c**t had lost my snap on 10mm spanner..... mr nobody as usual like, anyway, after 12 months i am mot'ing a laguna and guess what, my 10mm spanner is on the N/S rear bleed nipple.....

Went and searched through the history who had serviced it, it was a lad called Sam, took him underneath and asked him if he had anything to tell me!:p

Still have the spanner to this day.

Love it! :lolup:

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I done this when was taking mine off, dropped the bolt and my socket, that was a few months ago now and ive not had any pproblems :p