ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6x9 enclosures...

Willy, Willy 2, V6

Worth doing? I mean air tight enclosures, for 6x9s on an acoustic shelf, is this worth doing? anyone done this? shud give more clear/bass if im correct?

It will stop them working against your sub.

6x9s are poo even when installed properly, installed badly and theyre shocking!

Willy, Willy 2, V6

I dont have a sub, not really into that, 6x9s are good enough for me, but putting them in an enclosure I thought made them sound better, bit more bass, im not after anything amazing, just dont want/cant be bothered with subs and amps.

500bhp Scoob

prolly not worth the hassle of knocking together enclosures and fitting, sealing etc to the shelf.

Think 6x9s are designed to be "open-air" as such

Quote: Originally posted by Mole on 28 October 2004

Think 6x9s are designed to be "open-air" as such
Nope, they use your boot as a enclosure if you have them on the shelf, a correctly sized one will make them sound a little better. If you were running a sub in the boot Id definately do it, might be worth the effort for the small ammount of time it would take.