ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

7000rpm kick? (Dyno graph included)

BG182®
OK, so had the car on the rollers yesterday to find out if this kick I was getting was really there. Suprise suprise it was.

After speaking to the owner at the dyno he said my AFR is pretty much pants and it's affecting my power output. He did state that he has never seen a kick that far to the limiter before and even though my AFR is poor, it should not give a 7-8bhp kick like that. I'm planning on taking the car back mext month but maybe putting the standard cat back in to see if that makes a difference. Who know's :dapprove:

So I guess my question is, what could be causing this wierd kick at 7k?

10042010623-1.gif

RB 182 cup
the other line, is that the A/F???

if so looks like it leans off a bit hence the kick higher up, looks like it needs a remap to

BG182®
somethings not right, the torque curve is all kinds of wrong

That's the AFR. Which is all kinds of wrong too lol.

What mods have you got mate?

Could be cam timing

Just a Ktec exhaust with decat and a V6 Aribox. These modifications where on before it started two months back.

the other line, is that the A/F???

if so looks like it leans off a bit hence the kick higher up, looks like it needs a remap to

It leans off far to early at 5k rpm and should be sitting at 13.1 I'm told. It goes from 14.5, (which is far to high) to as low as 11.7. Even when the AFR raises at 7k to 12.0 it should not give a lift in power like that as I'm told.

I take it a map is the only cure for AFR problems?

You'd expect peak power a bit later and then to fall off. Yours seems to fall off early and then come back?

PMSL at vtec ;)

RB 182 cup
you mean it gets too rich at 5k, the lower the number the richer it is.

a map may sort it but check for fault code etc first as something may be broken causing it to get too rich

BG182®
you mean it gets too rich at 5k, the lower the number the richer it is.

a map may sort it but check for fault code etc first as something may be broken causing it to get too rich

Could the lamba sensor on the decat cause readings to effect the ecu? The decat had been on for over 6 months but the 7k kick has only occured over the last 2 months.