ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

712 Facia Top removal?

I did that remove the top facia trim before. But I have problem this time??
I had removed all the screws but still very hard to remove. It does left a bit, but still hard to take it out. Any idea??? Especially passenger side.

Oh, I mean 172. Sorry.

Last edited:
Best idea is to remove the passenger side airbag at the same time if you have trouble like this IMO. Only 4 bolts not easy to get though.

Best idea is to remove the passenger side airbag at the same time if you have trouble like this IMO. Only 4 bolts not easy to get though.

??? In order to remove the airbag from the passenger side, I need to remove the facia top first?? But that is what I need to remove.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
If you are sure you have taken all the screws out, it just pulls back and lifts out.

There are two screws under the top half of the steering column cover, one each end of the dash three across the top in the air-slots.

The airbag is held in by six torx headed bolts but you need to take the dash top off to get to them.

Basically, I had taken all the screws out as you mentioned. The whole thing was removed, but I think I accidentally did something wrong and now it stuck!!! Mainly the airbag side. I am done with what I need to do on my dialface. I now just want to push it back in original position, but still stuck!! Crazy!!!

Thanks Edde!!! It was really stucked/mess up. My garage friend really unplug the airbag wire and removed all the passenger side air bag screws to get the top fasica off (in dark) with the airbag. He is so good!!!

But next will be the dial problem, trip mileage recorder get back to zero every time I start the car. What can cause this problem???

The airbag is held in by six torx headed bolts but you need to take the dash top off to get to them.
4 bolts hold the bag in.

I've as I said have to remove the bag before now.
??? In order to remove the airbag from the passenger side, I need to remove the facia top first?? But that is what I need to remove.
Nar as you said you can with some pain get the airbags out with the dash top still sort of one.
But next will be the dial problem, trip mileage recorder get back to zero every time I start the car. What can cause this problem???
Faulty battery although check the wiring on the dabboard alos some dahboard were faulty and chnaged but at the prcie they are forget buying one just live with it often a new car battery fixes the issue.