ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

8 simple steps to getting rid of shadows from badges

Renault Clio III 1.4
After youve de-badged your car if you look closely you will see the outline of each letter and no matter how many times u polish or wash the car it wont come out will it?

Try this...

1. T cut the surrounding area were the former badge was (not lots of T cut just enough to cover it)
2. Apply by rubbing in circles gently (if the shadow is quite clear add a slight amount of pressure)
3. When you have rubbed the T cut in let it dry for a few mins.
4. Get some Auto Glym intensive tar remover and pour some onto a clean cloth.
5. Apply to the surrounding area over the dry T cut and keep rubbing it until the paint work is clear.
6. Let the tar remover dry and wipe over with a damp clean cloth.
7. Let the surface dry.
8. There should be no more shadows left and a clean area where your badge was before.

Hope this helps everyone with this problem.

Adam

Detailing has moved on a bit, chap. There are far safer and better products out there these days. I trust you understand I am not having ago, but T-Cut is a frightful product and AGT&GR is extremely watered down and thus fairly ineffective in comparison to AutoSmart's Tardis.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Oh JD :S

I wrote out a full reply and thought better of it and deleted it all. Now see what you've got me doing.......

if polishing won't work, what is the t-cut doing if it not polishing?

Oh JD :S

I wrote out a full reply and thought better of it and deleted it all. Now see what you've got me doing.......

if polishing won't work, what is the t-cut doing if it not polishing?

I've turned over a new leaf. I no longer scorn. Unless they ask for it.

Renault Clio III 1.4
Of course i understand your not having a go pal :)

thank you for the input mate.

it just worked the way i did it but i will take your advice in mate and stay clear of t cut now if you could recomend me some decent polishs id be very gratefull thanks

Sorry for the newbie post lol

Of course i understand your not having a go pal :)

thank you for the input mate.

it just worked the way i did it but i will take your advice in mate and stay clear of t cut now if you could recomend me some decent polishs id be very gratefull thanks

Sorry for the newbie post lol

Not at all. You are one of very few new users that possesses those funny sticky-out things on the side of your head, that most use to listen. It's a refreshing change.

T-Cut does have it's uses, Adam, so don't go throwing the bottle away;

- ever found your CDs jump in your stereo, due to scratches? Same process as above (minus the Tar remover) and they'll come up nicely
- same story with stereo facia/screens

Auto Glym Super Resin polish is perfectly acceptable for the "newbie". Failing that, look into the Ultrafina polish from 3M or 203S from Menzerna.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Wow someone who has taken some information on board.

JD- I actually have some tcuit in my boot for scratched CDs, it works a treat.

I used to use it alot back when I was 17 lol

Most do/have. It depends on your personality. I have mild OCD when it comes to research (and cleaning), so I spent months looking at ways to clean the car before I started out.

Honda & VW
Sorry Dynamique Stylez but I couldn't help but cringe when I read your Original Post then clocked your join date.

JD has said everything that you need to hear (as always lol) so hopefully next time you debadge and have the faint outline you can rectify this in half the time with half the effort. At the end of the day that's why new products are forever being developed.

Last edited:
Sorry Dynamique Stylez but I couldn't help but cringe when I read your Original Post then clocked your join date.

JD has said everything that you need to hear (as always lol) so hopefully next time you debadge and have the faint outline you can rectify this in half the time with half the effort. At the end of the day that's why new products are forever being developed.

I've been informed your opinion doesn't count as you drive an Audi. Is there any truth in this? Because if so, I'm fuckedx3. Lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Posting links to DW is like throwing a man into a pool with a concrete suit and no breathing apparatus.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
it's generally the products that aren't any good for which they were originally intended that get relegated to random other jobs.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Diluted. Fantastic clay lube. Drying aid also.

I can spray my car with it after washing. Leave for 30 seconds. Power wash off and I get zero water spots. C1 moves most of the water off and any left leaves no marks.

Gally do you use the DemonShine that comes in the spray bottle, or the one you just pour on diluted for clay lube.
I've got a couple of the trigger spray ones, but dno if they might be already diluted..
What ratio do you use?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I buy the 2ltr ones from Asda. Think they are 2ltr anyway. Maybe 4-5ltr.

Lasts forever when diluting. :)

Owen

ClioSport Admin
2l diluted as need by 1:4 works well.

This. Definitely helps to sheet the water off.

Also to the OP, well done for taking the replies in the spirit they were (hopefully) meant and not getting defensive and claiming to be all knowing. Nice to see.