ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

88k on an 02 reg 172

none :(
would the above put you off, i dont know if it has service history i need to find that out, how long do the 172 engines tend to last, am i due any najor repairs with the mileage being so high

A4 Avant
If it had FSH, cambelt changed and was in good condition, it wouldn't put me off, just as long as the price was right!

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
knock em down a bit, buy it and get the belts done straight away. wouldn't put me off if the condition is right.

A4 Avant
It sounds cheap for an 02 even with those miles to me! What condition is the car in? Is it cat d or anything?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I would need to see a reciept for work done.Other than that theres nothing wrong with that many miles

RB 200 Cup!
as above get confirmation belts have been done and check its not a write off - then try and knock em down

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Did you buy this car? If so, any major bills or suprises since you bought it?

I'm in a similar dilemma! :/

RB 200 Cup!
nope my 172's on 25k altho if a cars got high miles but has been well looked after shouldnt be a prob

there are several people on here with sports over the 100k mark

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
we are seeing alot more higher milage cars about now , nice to see the RS reliable 100K plus

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
we are seeing alot more higher milage cars about now , nice to see the RS reliable 100K plus

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
So good you had to say it twice ehh? ;)

In all seriousness, if I give the service history a once over a RS Clio 172 FF with 78k on the clock should not have any issues?

I'm thinking about buying one 'one the cheap', but don't want to be stung later on down the line.

It's from a dealer so I guess if I got a warranty or 3rd party warranty and the engine blows it would be covered?

911 carrera 2, Yamaha R6
Mine's just passed 90k and only needed a new horn for the MOT.
Runs sweet as a nut but it's been serviced regularly

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
172 are going for peanuts now, and high miles wouldnt out me off aslong as the belts been done and its running good