ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

98 Clio ph1 Water in drivers footwell - Help please

Clio 182
Hello All

Well during the heavy snow period this year, our 98 ph1 clio was plunged under 8 inches of snow for nearly a week, which seemingly overwhelmed the sunroof drain holes, and as a result when it melted, we ended up with literally a swimming pool in the from and rear footwells on the drivers side of the car.

I have dried it out as best I can from inside the car, and verified that the sunroof drains are now working, however if you push down on the carpet , quite a lot of water still comes through from underneath it.

Is my only option to remove the drivers seat, and prise back the carpet and get rid of the water directly ?

If so, could anyone talk me through the correct method for taking out the seat initally but more importantly getting the carpet pulled back enough and then getting to to go back down properly please
??

That fed up with it I nearly used Top Gears solution (Rifle shot at the footwell) Haha

thanks all

Mike