ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

9YR OLD BATTERY

182cup & 172 racecar
Well today my 9yr old battery gave up the ghost, poor show or good. Don't suppose it's too bad really, but what an arse to fit, should have known it wasn't going to take 5mins.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
9 years is good going old timer!

I'd have fitted a smaller 063 instead. Much easier to fit/remove in the future. Although to be fair, only doing it once every 9 years is hardly a task is it! lol

182cup & 172 racecar
Yeah, I made it hard by getting an S4, it's slightly bigger as well, fk sticks, and the thing wouldn't start afterwards, had to ring Jay for assistance, silly UCH thingy.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
9 Years is 90 Years old (1 Year = 10 in human years). Done very good.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
My E-Class needs both doing, it will be 9 years old at the end of this year. Trouble is it's not far off needing a service, pads all round, tyres all round and I think it could do with new front springs as well.

172 cup, Impreza P1
9 Years is 90 Years old (1 Year = 10 in human years). Done very good.

Its a battery, not a dog!

9 years is good going though. Do you don more than 7 miles per journey mostly? That was the figure I was given that it takes to recharge a battery after a cold start.

182cup & 172 racecar
Its a battery, not a dog!

9 years is good going though. Do you don more than 7 miles per journey mostly? That was the figure I was given that it takes to recharge a battery after a cold start.
No, my good lady does 2 1/2 miles each way to work and back, heater, lights ,rear screen demister all on.
Not bad really.

AB 182 w/Recaros
I swapped the battery on my 02 1.2 this winter just gone lol. finally gave up. 11 years isn't bad for a standard battery!