ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A 1.2 NON 16V

Got my lovely courtesy car on saturday, and it is the bog, bottom of the range 1.2. OUCH!

just wonderin, is there such thing as a non 16v 1.2. cos it dosent even have a 16v badge on the side. its a 1.2 badge! WEIRD! it is the new shape too!.

it cant be a 16v, my mates 1.nothin 16v micra is much nippier,

and i saw a few 1.2s runnin round brands the other week and they wernt this slow!

No offence to all 1.216v owners btw

Renault Laguna Coupe

Youre right - its a 1.2 Expression. 8 valve engine. Had one myself yesterday while my windscreen washer bottle was being replaced. Still feels like a Clio though.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 03 December 2002

Youre right - its a 1.2 Expression. 8 valve engine. Had one myself yesterday while my windscreen washer bottle was being replaced. Still feels like a Clio though.

I had one of these too. The problem with it feeling like a clio was that I kept thinking I was in my car - nearly had a car run into the side of me when I pulled out on a island expecting to have enough to whip out in front and the thing just didnt move - boggy is the word!!!

Mike - my washer bottle is emptying itself each time I fill it. Did you have the same problem?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Hi Rich - yeah there was a big hole in the bottom of the bottle - the water came out faster than I could pour it in. Pretty horrible job to replace the bottle according to the mechanic, but all sorted now. I dont mind having these little jobs done at this time of year cos the garage always cleans the car :)

AHHHHHH, EXPLAINS IT ALL!!! IVE HAD THE WHOLE PULLING OUT THINKIN I HAD MORE POWER STUF! OUCH! PEEPS BEHIND NOT HAPPY!

TYHANKS AGAIN GUYS! AND MY CARS JUST GONE TO RENO TO GET A CHIP IN THE DOOR SPRAYED, WILL THEY CLEAN THE WHOLE CAR??

Ive noticed in my 1.2 8v, if Im lower than 3k, 3.5krpm then it doesnt do loads, but comes to life afterwards.

I thought, though, that 16v arent as torquey as 8v? Im sure I saw someone say that somewhere.

Daz.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Normally need to rev the nuts off a 16v engine to get the best out of it. 8v is better through the lower and mid-range as a rule.

Contrary to popular myth (e.g. "Golf Mk2 8v has more torque than the 16v"), 8v engines rarely deliver more torque than their 16v cousins. But 16v engines often only develop the torque within narrow bands, fairly high up the revs. Dont know the mechanical reason for this, but its true!