ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A bit of bad luck...

So I've been having a bit of bad luck the last month with my clio!

First a nail was in my tyre so had to have a new one of those! Then I woke up one morning started the car and the centre section on the exhaust had gone! So ended up going for a cat back exhaust as the back box would have needed changing at some point anyway! Then a stone flew up and hit my windscreen and caused ridiculous damage which was not repairable! So yesterday autoglass came out and replaced my windscreen!

But...
I can't remember what the other windscreen was like but I was wondering can anybody tell me is this meant to be like that with a gap? Should it not be stuck down completely?

avy5anyh.jpg

Any help would be great, it might just be me being paranoid!

Emma

It looks like the black scuttle panel bit hasn't been hooked over the clip that's mounted on the wing.

So was the black bit that's over the seal meant to go underneath and hook onto something? Should I ring them and tell them to come back?
It's the same on the other side as well

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Emma if you dont know what you are doing then its not a 2 sec job.
Get them back, or if you want to do the job then the plastic panel needs to be un-done then slid down towards the engine then slid back up while holding the bit nearest to the window down.

There are clips on the plastic panel that just hook under the metal frame where the screen is bonded to.
They dont sit 100% tight to the glass though and yes there is a little gap.

Emma if you dont know what you are doing then its not a 2 sec job.
Get them back, or if you want to do the job then the plastic panel needs to be un-done then slid down towards the engine then slid back up while holding the bit nearest to the window down.

There are clips on the plastic panel that just hook under the metal frame where the screen is bonded to.
They dont sit 100% tight to the glass though and yes there is a little gap.

Is the gap in the picture I posted how it should look? Or is that gap too big?

Right I've looked where your saying and the black bit is already clipped in to the body work! So I'm guessing that gap is meant to be there then?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
This is mine. :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376680417319.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376680417319.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 122