ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a bit of help and advice

Full fat 182
Hi all.
Changed my steering wheel today for a retrimmed snappy wheel(looks great) after a lot of pulling it wasn't it wasn't moving. I slightly loosened the bolt and gave it a gentle ish tap with a hammer and a bar and with some pulling at the same time it decided to let go. Put the new wheel on did up the bolt refitted the airbag and job done. NOT! The wheel was rubbing on the cowling and felt really stiff put the old wheel on now the same so removed the cowling and still stiff, driveable but much heavier than before. I was wondering if anyone has had this before or could advise on what it could be and also if anyone can tell me how to test if my power steering has failed. Thanks in advanced

Alex.

clio v6
HI it may be the squib needs to have a bit off grease to it had this problem a few years back on fiesta zetec s.greased the copper plates and was ok.

Full fat 182
I shall have a look. do you know what grease you used? I also forgot to mention the steering doesn't auto centre like it used to and the only thing I have done is swap steering wheels.

clio v6
Use grease thats suitable for electrical contacts etc. when you put your new wheel on did you keep your wheels in a fixed straight line .Also make sure the clock spring is wound back.

clio v6
yes its its on the squib goes on the back of airbag heres a picture.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZHJDYF!e(TMbDWBQP1uEwsNg~~60_35.JPG
    $(KGrHqZHJDYF!e(TMbDWBQP1uEwsNg~~60_35.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 36