ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few (amazing) pictures of the old steed. UR Clio 200.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I really want an AG 200 and make it sit like yours after seeing these pics.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
That looks great Chris although not sold on the Recaro stickers on the back of the seats. I didn't realize how much lowering with spacers transforms these. Does look very good.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The GT spoiler is the only one to have unless you have a balls out storm grey cup racer!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I really want an AG 200 and make it sit like yours after seeing these pics.
:cool:
IMG_3068.JPG
This is mine, but I'm only on 20mm spacers. Same springs as @Christopher though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
What do you think about the RS side skirts?

Not really a fan. I don't like 200s with bits stuck on everywhere.
All the kids tend to stick skirts, wind deflectors, huge splitters... I've even seen a modified rear diffuser with an extra wing in it. 😂
Just no. Keep it simple and aggressive. They look great with just a few tweaks, rather than plastered in sh*t.

Maybe it's that I'm an old b*stard and I've been on here too long. :nomouth:

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
H&Rs and 19mm spacers here, it's all I was really after when I got the car standard. Agree about the bodykit parts, bit OTT for me, plus I think the splitter and skirts are way too pricey. Lovely car mate, I wasn't overly keen on 25mm spacers at first but after seeing a number of cars running them I've become quite fond, might have to swap to them soon.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
H&Rs and 19mm spacers here, it's all I was really after when I got the car standard. Agree about the bodykit parts, bit OTT for me, plus I think the splitter and skirts are way too pricey. Lovely car mate, I wasn't overly keen on 25mm spacers at first but after seeing a number of cars running them I've become quite fond, might have to swap to them soon.

Do it Steve, looks so good and chunky .... not saying yours doesn't look good as it is!

Got your spoiler on yet?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Not really a fan. I don't like 200s with bits stuck on everywhere.
All the kids tend to stick skirts, wind deflectors, huge splitters... I've even seen a modified rear diffuser with an extra wing in it. 😂
Just no. Keep it simple and aggressive. They look great with just a few tweaks, rather than plastered in sh*t.

Maybe it's that I'm an old b*stard and I've been on here too long. :nomouth:

Lol! Do you have pics of that?

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Do it Steve, looks so good and chunky .... not saying yours doesn't look good as it is!
Got your spoiler on yet?
I'll consider it! And no not yet, it's in the paint shop, should be all getting sorted next week.
I think I might have seen the modified diffuser too^, if it's another UR 200?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'll consider it! And no not yet, it's in the paint shop, should be all getting sorted next week.
I think I might have seen the modified diffuser too^, if it's another UR 200?
Yeah, that's the one. It's not terrible, but there's crap stuck all over it.
A popular thing to do on some Clio forums/Insta groups. :mask: The membership packs should include super glue.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
:cool:View attachment 179315This is mine, but I'm only on 20mm spacers. Same springs as @Christopher though.
Any reason why you went 20 over 25? Just that I'm looking myself and the 20s are 80 quid and the 25s are 100.
Might do 25 rear and 20 front - think it's a bit too much on fronts. Also, do you use some sort of arch guard to prevent chips from the stones getting thrown up with the wider track?

Last edited:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ha. Nah, I don't want to make the owners salty.

I'll PM you.

Just noticed on your pic now, get those spacers sprayed black, it make a huge difference on mine. They don't stand out at all then.
Hahaha! Yeah no worries, drop me a pm. :up:

The disc centres and spacers are on the list for a coat of black mate. Just got to get some decent weather. So that'll be sometime between now and never at this rate. 😂
Any reason why you went 20 over 25? Just that I'm looking myself and the 20s are 80 quid and the 25s are 100.
Might do 25 rear and 20 front - think it's a bit too much on fronts. Also, do you use some sort of arch guard to prevent chips from the stones getting thrown up with the wider track?
The main reason I went with 20's over 25's is because they were already on the car when I bought it mate! I like the stance they give it, so they'll be staying.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Defo look a lot better having these bolt on style spacers than the standard hubcentric ones. Guess thats why they're 100 a pair!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Defo look a lot better having these bolt on style spacers than the standard hubcentric ones. Guess thats why they're 100 a pair!
The H&Rs are hubcentric, that's why they're a lot more expensive.
The cheap crappy things are just ring spacers, where you'd need longer bolts etc. Avoid.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
The H&Rs are hubcentric, that's why they're a lot more expensive.
The cheap crappy things are just ring spacers, where you'd need longer bolts etc. Avoid.
Yep, got ktec ones on my megane! Was gonna just get some pro race in a better offset as it feels a bit floaty

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Like @182_steve I never used to be that keen on 200s, but they are growing on me a lot. They look really good in a nice solid colour like UR or AG, it really sets them off, much better than the metallic options. Agreed on the subtle mods too. I don't think they need anything externally other than a spoiler, then just a slight drop and a bit of spacing. @NorthloopCup has it spot on. I think I prefer 20mm spacers over 25mm. Both of these cars show just how good the 200 can look though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Like @182_steve I never used to be that keen on 200s, but they are growing on me a lot. They look really good in a nice solid colour like UR or AG, it really sets them off, much better than the metallic options. Agreed on the subtle mods too. I don't think they need anything externally other than a spoiler, then just a slight drop and a bit of spacing. @NorthloopCup has it spot on. I think I prefer 20mm spacers over 25mm. Both of these cars show just how good the 200 can look though.
Yup, agreed.
I hated them when they first came out. They're still an ugly thing, but in a kind of aggressive way.
Real RS models have wider sheetmetal anyway...