ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a few days in germany.....

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Well i returned from the ring yesterday afternoon and had a bloody marvelous time!

did nine laps in total and i was really lucky as the weather was wicked for the whole weekend.

saw a couple of 172/182s there, one inferno and a 172 cup in blue and a 172 mk1 in silver with gaffer tape all over its offside front bumper. all english plates so i dont know if they come on CS! did get a wave off the 172 mk1 at the start but he soon left me for dead! lol loud

i do have a load more pictures which i am waiting for a mate to send so for now i have only posted a few...

sorry for all you ringers who have been before but i thought i would post a few pics showing what the place is like.

hope there not too boring!

cheers

seb

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/seb290482/100_0125.jpg

ITR UKDC2

dude i am thinking of going end of June.

never been before. i was think of going for a couple of days. whats the total cost like to do a trip like that i.e. petrol there and back, hotels (nothing special etc........

i was going to go with some friends, how long does it take to get there and is it that dangerous as people say it is i.e. loads of nuttas on a track at one time.

Did you get insurance???

I really want to go now :D

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by Zorba_the_greek on 24 May 2005

dude i am thinking of going end of June.

never been before. i was think of going for a couple of days. whats the total cost like to do a trip like that i.e. petrol there and back, hotels (nothing special etc........

i was going to go with some friends, how long does it take to get there and is it that dangerous as people say it is i.e. loads of nuttas on a track at one time.

Did you get insurance???

I really want to go now :D
Crossing- £60-100. Petrol, depending on length of stay and number of laps. Youll get there with spare fuel on a tank from Dunkerque. Journey time is about 4 hours. Hotels anywhere from about £50-110 depending on how nice you want it.

Yes, there are nutters but the rule is if someones coming up quicker just pull over and let them through. Its not as dangerous as people say, it only gets dangerous when you think youve got it tamed and start pushing beyond your abilities

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

sorry pics are a bit lame... i do have some of the 182 and skyline parked up if anyone is interested...

AOL went gimpy on me a while ago so i got cut off!

as for the question about costs....

ferry £88 return (speed ferries - booked it a bit late!)

sliders guest house 2 nights.. 57 euros B&B

9 laps at the ring 120 euros

eating out is cheap so that was not too much...

as for fuel.. its a little cheaper on the contitnent and i did over a 1000 mles so whatever that costs really...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/seb290482/100_0137.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

yeah i think when i go back i will go during the week as it is ment to be really quiet then!

i will post some action pics of my clio and the skyline when my mate sends them to me! some of them are really good! i was well impressed

the ring was far better than i ever expected.. the atmosphere is great and you can just go and chat with everyone. i would recommend anyone to go.

another observation is at the viewing points there is no one bitching about hoe slow some people go which is nice, everyone just seems to appreciate the whole atmosphere really!

clearly this would not happen in the good old UK!

Ziel Nurburgring

The ring doesnt open until 17:45 on week nights. Kinda pointless as itll be mad with everyone taking their sh*t day at work out on their cars.

In june were going where its open Sat/Sun/Mon so we get some decent track time.

172, Tiguan

Unfortunatly you get the whole of Europe going on the weekends! Ideally I guess youd want to do a bit of both.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

yeah i know what you mean... i only did 3 laps a day cos you spend quite a lot of time chatting and going out with mates and stuff.

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 24 May 2005

Unfortunatly you get the whole of Europe going on the weekends! Ideally I guess youd want to do a bit of both.
We must have got lucky then Jon, or the crap weather kept a lot of people away as it wasnt to bad. The carpark gets full pretty quickly, but thats because its the size of a tennis court.....lol.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

all i would say is your first lap is really daunting! it helps when you know the score so to speak... plus when you start to remember what is coming next helps also!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Ha Ha! GT4 doesnt prepare you for just how steep the ring is and all the forces certain corners whack through you! but i suppose it wud help!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 24 May 2005

Who you going with clartius, heading over with the wee-one?

me, mikey and tom are staying at weemans. ORGY

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by Clart on 24 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 24 May 2005

Who you going with clartius, heading over with the wee-one?

me, mikey and tom are staying at weemans. ORGY
Lol, i wouldnt want to be one of weemans neighbours. The sounds thats going to be coming out of his house are going to be awful.

Thats my mate Mike Rainlbird on the Cossie, hes very fast round there + his Cossie is putting out 477BHP!! I was there in my Focus (N6TH R) with him + my Dad (Blue BMW Z3 M Coupe W14 BAD) and a mate in a yellow Cupra R. :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Quote: Originally posted by nathVTS on 24 May 2005

Thats my mate Mike Rainlbird on the Cossie, hes very fast round there + his Cossie is putting out 477BHP!! I was there in my Focus (N6TH R) with him + my Dad (Blue BMW Z3 M Coupe W14 BAD) and a mate in a yellow Cupra R. :)

oh yeah i remember you lot now! that cossie is rapid....