ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few probs with my 182

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Its goes in on Sat for 12k service so i would like to bring the following up as sound like i know what the problem might be.

1. Full lock to the right hand side causes a strange clunking (when moving) .. feels like the passenger front side wheel is loose or something?!?!? Full lock to the left seems ok.

2. Door trim on drivers doors seems loose (the 2.0 16v bit). would this be fixed on warranty ?!?

3. Front headlamp washer leaks. (they said this is a bumper off job). Does anyone know how long this should take by reno?

Cheers

mo

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by mauricewt on 30 November 2004

Its goes in on Sat for 12k service so i would like to bring the following up as sound like i know what the problem might be.

1. Full lock to the right hand side causes a strange clunking (when moving) .. feels like the passenger front side wheel is loose or something?!?!? Full lock to the left seems ok.

2. Door trim on drivers doors seems loose (the 2.0 16v bit). would this be fixed on warranty ?!?

3. Front headlamp washer leaks. (they said this is a bumper off job). Does anyone know how long this should take by reno?

Cheers

mo
1. known fault with top mount on strut, I think they have a mod to fix this. I hope they do anyway as mine is in for its 12,000 mile service next week and have asked them to look at the same thing.

2. Should do

3. dunno but Id have thought 2-3 hours work.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 30 November 2004

No its just the spring twisting in the mount making a noise.
The wheel almost feels loose (i have checked this and it doesnt seem to be). Its hard to explain but got 30 mins road test booked down before service so i can show them exactly what the problems are.

Sods law it wont do it when i get there though!!?!?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Maurice,

that sounds like the very same problem I have.

Like something is loose and rattly, almost as if the wheel is gonna fall off.

Its not the suspension turrent like others have said tho.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Gonna take it easy till Saturday i think.

If anyone knows what this could be please let me know, im sure cocopops would like to know to by the sounds of it.

*only happens on FULL lock, seems ok 3/4 lock etc..

Renaultsport Clio 182

Headlight Washer takes 2 to 3 hours, just becareful they dont scratch your body coloured bumper for you!!!

u sure number one is not a suspension problem ???

they changed my forks on my 172 cup which soved this problem well i say that the next week i stacked it oh well never trust renualt dealerships

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 30 November 2004

No its just the spring twisting in the mount making a noise.
re:point 1, mine does this on full lock 2! but the car jolts slightly not just a noise, feels like the wheel gets caught on the arch!!

do you guys reckon it is actually ok to wait until major service couple of months off for me, i cant be @ssed to take it renault(to scratch, break more, leave tools in the engine etc...)

I think it is a design feature.

I get it too on full lock. Just make sure you are not full throttle and it will be fine.

Tel

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Do you have something on the power steering that stops it going to far on full lock?

Could it be turning to far?