ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A list please.....

clio mk1 ph3
Ive been searching round abit to find out the best way to wash and protect my car and i think ive got the right idea.

Im looking to get some products to do a decent job but really have no idea on what brands, types e.t.c to go for.

If someone could make a small "shopping" list of what i need that would be great! I dont know if the paint is an issue but just incase its renault's "capusium red"

thanks

106 GTi
On red for me, working by hand or machine for the polishing satge?

By hand:

Wash - Duragloss Wash and Serious Performance Lambswool Mitts
Clay - anything mild
Swirl Removal by Hand - Megs Scratch X
Paint Clean/Mild Polish - Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Sealant - Jeffs Werkstatt Acyrlic Jett Trigger or Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Wax - Chemical Guys 50/50, Pinnacle Souveran, Poorboys Nattys Blue Carnuba or Meguiars #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax
Wheels - Wash with AG Engine and Machine cleaner seal with Poorboys Wheel Sealant
Tyres - Poorboys Bold and Bright or Blackfire Long Lasting Gel

clio mk1 ph3
ok thanks, will be doing it by hand.

any reasonable good sites to order from?

ill need everything including cloths e.t.c

clio mk1 ph3
will i need any other cloths/towels/appliers apart from the mitts?

also what does the clay actually do and would i want ultra fine or normal clay?

cheers

106 GTi
Fine or normal will be ok, just avoid the aggressive ones.

I use the yellow foam applicators to apply stuff, you will also need some decent Microfiber cloths to remove products, ideally a couple for each product being used in the process.