ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A little test, a huge result......!

Went to meetup with Liquid ICE (Chris) today as we have some big plans running.

Anyway, his car is in the shop with a busted cylinder head.

SO, hes got a new engine on the bench, we decided to havea little play with it.

Up and secured on a fixed stand, his low milage engine was cleaned and wired up with pump, ECU on a stool, all plugged up, fuel lines into a huge bucket and basically ready to run.

I talked him into testing a few things as i have been testing them myself.

First is a alternative fuel mix, pure alcohol, some thin soluable canola oil and the secret ingredient, apple jiuce. I have been messing about int eh shed burnign mixtures (ratios a secret), testing temps, burn rates etc and how running a small 50cc 4 stroke on it.......not sure on what octane it has so we retarded the ignition with a r****d module. anyway, onto teh nxt test.

I also been testing all natural vegetable oils, and comparing visially the viscosity and pour rate at diff temps. Thickest i would find at 80C was good ol peanut oil. Just to be safe, we mixed it up with a tiny but of single weight 50wt mineral oil (it is a motor to be used after all).

SO, with the engine full off oil and teh bucket full off cocktail we let it prime, tested the injectorswith teh engine turning over then crossed out fingers.

Started and BADA BING.....its ran! we turned it off afer about 5 secs to check things over, and it all looked ok. SO we ran it........,5 mins later up to temp we started revvin it a tiny my and it ran fine....not sure about power, but it ran!

Best part about it was the noise (open manifold) and the smell........peanut and some odd mixture fromt eh fuel...no black smoke nothing. The oil was too thin and was getting past the rings (didnt have pressure hooked up, it was sealed).

Hd to rurn it off as there was no rad, just another HUGE tun of water with return lines lol....and a cold hoes pipe jsut incase the thermometer (yes!!) got too high.....lol

I did whip the head off to check after.....nothig wrong, no wear NOWT!........1even check teh cam bearing....NOTHIN!

well chuffed! :D

Christ wasnt best pleased at first........but i told him i would buy him a new motor if it went kaput.

Revels Mum & Sister

:)Yeah was a bit dubious as first. But after some gentle persuasion and the promise of a new motor i was convinced!! This Was Unreal!!!

We may even when I have my car back together run it in some every day tests.

I was really sceptical at first but it fing well worked. The smell was very different but it ran sweet as a nut (no pun intended)

And after our close Inspection everything was fine. No badly worn or seized parts. Hehe more tests to come. But were keeping these close to our chests. Cause they are going to be big

Ben knows what I mean

LOL.....some great replys were getting!

best part was when the neighbourhood smelt like a kitchen....and people were lookin out to what the smell was! lol

invention!!!??

this is a revalation!

you gotta smell it to believe it.......i think heppies would go to drag racing just because of the smell!

Revels Mum & Sister

Yeah Honestly guys this was amazing.

If you dont believe us then come see for yourself!!!

OK OK!!!

Since this post got nothing like the response we were planning, ill come out and tell the truth.

We didnt do it, it was late, were were bored and made up some elaborate joke. But not many people bit, except the few asking me to do the conversion on their car.....silly people....;)

Come on, APPLE JUICE! lol

Anyway, had a laugh.....but it was honestly all Chriss (Liquid ICE) idea, he jsut got me to do it.....lol.....:D

OK, maybe i went OTT......lol.....hell, i was laughing!

a friend of mine used Pump gas enriched with Tolouen and addition of ricin(?) oil (i dont know english name - this is the oil You drink before taking part in eating contest ;) ) in his 440 HP supra TT (running single turbo) - and it proved (according to the guy) to be good fuel :) He got all the data from his runs logged... we could smell the difference ;)

Revels Mum & Sister

Ben you little b*****d!!!

Hehe wasny my Idea. Ben said lets make some random post up. Was all him he threatened to use his b**ch hands to beat me to death!!

Hehe was quite amusing, if your little children like we are and have too much time on our hands!

ME, my idea!

no way, all Ices fault....him and his big mucle bound body....too much for a lil engine gremlin like me to say no to......

maciek, Toluene :p

i cant believe you posted that, i mentioned it to my mate with a Moped (DT50 "de-restricted") and he added a bit of peanut oil to his half full tank and its been spluttering like made ever since, Is there anythuing we can do to get it out? the oil looks like its on the top at the moment

Quote: Originally posted by RT_fanatic on 25 March 2003

i cant believe you posted that, i mentioned it to my mate with a Moped (DT50 "de-restricted") and he added a bit of peanut oil to his half full tank and its been spluttering like made ever since, Is there anythuing we can do to get it out? the oil looks like its on the top at the moment
Im taking this is a joke, i clearly specified CANOLA oil not peanut, peanut is for the engine lubrcation!

lol, sorry.......if its really true, and you did add peanut oil then i suddest you either dip in some kitchen towels to get the majority out, then take off the tank (but clip the hoses) and drain it all out, followed by a nice clean.

How do i know your not winding me up further. I need honest advice how to get this stuff out ASAP

are you prepared to come round and do this yourself? Im based in Reading

a straw?????

no seriously, youll have to take the tank off and drain it!

sh*t, im really sorry mate...............i really didnt mean for anybody to go out and try it!

turn the bike upside down!???

your a tw*t, dont you know anything about cars/mopeds? you cant suck petrol through a straw and you cant turn the entire bike upside down!

this one is a beauty, bog bore conversion and re-jetted carb. I got to face this lad in college tomorrow and i need answers!

Revels Mum & Sister

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 25 March 2003

Ben, hope you have a good soliciter!!!!
Hehe Ben doesnt he cant afford one. He will just have to hide out in a combustion chamber in one of his heads until it blows over!!! Plenty of room to set up home for him!!

And nope we dont do medication anymore!!! We are students and are very bored!! What do you expect!!!

Revels Mum & Sister

Well you shouldnt have put the Oil in there in the first place. I Mean come on!!!!

And Ben does know a lot about engines. Drain it and clean it! Thats all you can if you arent billy bullsh*tting!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 24 March 2003

Went to meetup with Liquid ICE (Chris) today as we have some big plans running.
Anyway, his car is in the shop with a busted cylinder head.

SO, hes got a new engine on the bench, we decided to havea little play with it.

well chuffed! :D

Christ wasnt best pleased at first........but i told him i would buy him a new motor if it went kaput.

Ben

What was Christ doing there? What sort of motor does he drive????!!!

Ben

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 24 March 2003

LOL.....some great replys were getting!
best part was when the neighbourhood smelt like a kitchen....and people were lookin out to what the smell was! lol
Bet they thought it was a mobile chip van that you were driving!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 26 March 2003

LOL!!!!
why his yamaha of course!
Is it a Virgin Yamaha Ben, like the one Steve Hislop is riding in the BSB this season??!!

dunno, has Christ not found himself a woman yet???

i just thought it was becaues he was a superstar and rode down from heaven on his yamaha.

Revels Mum & Sister

Yeah he joined in as well!! He loved it.

He is thinking of buying a 172. But reckons they are girls cars ;)