ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A New Toy For The Clio 1.2 Cup- Suspension

Rear Coilovers for the 172 Cup.

We are hoping to be able to sell the Bilstein Rear Coilover Unit as well as the Full Olins Kit (remote dampers the lot, but lots and lots of £ but they are there if people want them.)

anyhow, here's what we have to play with at the moment:

Anyhow, it should get the car low enough to keep even Fred happy ;-)

/y0z

Yamaha R6
Good stuff!..

Cant wait to see the outcome.. Is fred giving it the angle grinder treatment?.. lol

Last edited:
NNNNNNOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Hughes u bastid, i may have gone along happy today without that pm, i may not have even seen this thread. :eek:

Weeman sucks ****
Not sure on your desklamp!

Nice coils mofo, can't wait to read the report (and see pics). Are they pre owned? From a racer?

CHRIS172CUP said:
Not sure on your desklamp!

thats a glass of orange juice. ;-)

these ones are pre-owned yes, but only while we test them out.

We are also playing with the front and rear geometry...

Dansta said:
NNNNNNOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Hughes u bastid, i may have gone along happy today without that pm, i may not have even seen this thread. :eek:

i know what you are like with you and your - i need to get down and dirty low...

;-)

/y0z

Weeman sucks ****
Green based desk lamp on the left! So last season.

Meggerman, the H&R's have about 5mm height adjustment on the rears and no chance of any damper control. If you want it low, you have to put a small boy in the boot like Dansta does.

the rears are dampers with an adjustable platform on all of the other clio rear dampers.

these are spring on coil coilovers, like the front struts.

:)

/y0z

K20 EG Hatch
look good.

Ohlins are the dogs b****cks! i seen a few motorbikes have ohlins rear suspension units put in and they are mega money!

MKIII 138
y0z2a said:
the rears are dampers with an adjustable platform on all of the other clio rear dampers.

these are spring on coil coilovers, like the front struts.

:)

/y0z

so what your saying is front is coiled spring over shock and rear is separate spring damper on normal coilovers where as the ohlins are coilover spring on damper like on fronts only for the back ?

sorry for sounding like a chicken shagger

Right,

Bloody hell, very busy at the moment.

Now have the following new toys finished & in the final stages of being packaged up etc

182 De-Cats

172/182 Brake Duct and Deflector kits as per Clio Cup Racers.

Carbon Bonnets

Pagid Blue 172 Pads

V6 Front Brake Pads - Fast Road and Track Use Only Compound.
V6 Throttle Bodies & Airbox
V6 Engine Mapping on standalone management.

Also Something Completely different - Cup Racer Headlight Covers

(Put a hole in them and feed straight into airbox on a trackday / 1/4 mile day.

oh and our 172 / 182 rear coilovers if you didn't see them last time:

Also we have got rear camber shims for the 172 / 182.

Website is not completely finished, but all the products are going in at the moment with the pictures etc.

Will add all the pictures in the next 10 or 15 minutes for the stuff I have just mentioned - as soon as I can get onto imageshack.

/y0z

Are you sourcing strengthening (sp?) plates for the rear strut tops as well? as the standard setup isn't strong enough!

incorrect pete - I thought exactly the same as you did - hence why we had dampers made rather than coilovers for the 182 Rear set up on our coilovers, they are strong enough according to:

a) Clio Cup Race Teams
b) 2 x Rally Teams in France (Group N car based on the Ragnotti)

The strut top in both cars is not re-enforced in any way.

The roll cages in the race cars hit 1/2 way round the rear arch, but do not strengthen this area. So they are completely standard in this section. However, I am thinking of strengthening it anyway to make a stronger shell around where I plan to put the Roll Cage.

/y0z

But the rears are different on cup racers though, they're replaced with flattened out plates and hence why the teams think it's strong enough.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
go team yozzasport
Delboy.jpg

y0z2a said:
get back to your call centre...

/y0z