ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A newbie from France

Clio RS 182
Hi guys,

Found this forum recently as I was looking for information on various ways to improve my Clio 182, and decided to register, as it seemed to gather a lot of usefull content, contrary to some french-based forum...

Anyway, a few lines about my Renault Sport cars :

• First one I've got since 7 years now: a 1990 Sport Blue Renault 19 16S, Coupe. Not exactly full options because it's lacking leather sits and sunroof, but still a really great all rounder, being able to be you daily drive to University, all well as (slowly...) using some rubber on track days. The car is still 100% stock, has done 130k miles, and is resting somewhere close to Britany, waiting for (maybe, I'm not sure) a complete restauration someday...
  • Second one, the one I'm here: a 2004 Artic Blue Clio 182. This one, this time, is really full options (Cup chassis, Cup Spoiler, front splitter, GPS, heating seats, and bluetooth). Have it since 3.5 years, and covered 40k miles, some of them on track (Nürburgring, Le Mans Bugatti for the best known). It's now 70k miles, and I'm looking to improve it's track capacities, as it's 100% stock. I already got 15" Oz F1 Clio mkI with semi-slicks, and I'm about to purchase some minor upgrades such as Powerflex SBs, engine mounts, a catback, induction kit, more capable breaks (Brembo/CL RC5+/RBF600/braided lines), and that's about it. And, in the futur, maybe cams and others that would increase dricing pleasure on track while still having a good daily driver.
  • Thirs one, and again a blue Renault (I'm not obsessed, as I've been also looking to E36 Convertible M3s for cruising purposes recently :p ): a 1993 Sport Blue Lutecia 16v. Lutecia because it was originally sold in Tokyo, but it's now back home. Car is again 100% stock, and I intend to keep it that way, not driving it too much, du to its very low mileage: 50k miles.

A few pics to complete the post, and thread will be done:

tchomineur_1333314327_dsc_0059_1.jpg

Mint from an away perspective, but away from mint...

tchomineur_1312483721_dsc_0753_1.jpg

Taken whislt one of the 3k miles Alpine roadtrip I've done this past two years...Next one is about to be planned :p

tchomineur_1342993708_dsc_0013.jpg

The most recent one, the one I'm most proud of...but strangely not the one I prefer to drive.

tchomineur_1338145551_img_0071.jpg

Familly picture (when the 16v still had its mkI.2 rims).

That's it, you know the story.

See ya (maybe) on some upgrades topics.

Clio RS 182
Welcome mate, nice collection you have.

I love driving round France, great roads and scenery.

Thanks guy. Collection will be nice when I'll get my hands on a Sport Blue Renault 21 Turbo...

Driving in France can actually be nice:

tchomineur_1312482127_etape_4.jpg

How to destroy Michelin PE2s while going only 50 miles away...

But also in Switzerland (many high passes with very flat and sooth road), Italy (Passo dello Stelvio!), Germany (fantastic roads in the SchwarzWald...or in the Eiffel :p ), etc.