ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A nice and cheap pressure washer with snow foam lance?

Clio 197
Hi all,

Im not a big fan of cleaning my car but would like a good priced pressure washer especially now summer is on it way. It can be nice to get out and clean the car in nice weather.

Anyway, I would like a snow foam lance as well if possible and im not too clued up on exactly what I need.

Links would be great.

Thanks
James

1.2L 16V Campus Spor
Me too. Not too sure what the foam lance is needed for though... insight anyone?

*subscribed to thread*

I can tell you what the foam lance is for - the question is, if you're not interested in washing the car that often, why is it needed.

A snow foam lance is designed to deliver a covering of snow foam - a product that breaks down dirt particles and lifts them harmlessly off your paint work. It is another aid in the fight against swirls in your paint work and acts as a stage after a rinse down and before the two bucket method of washing.

But if you're not that fussed about washing your car, I really wouldn't bother.

£50 for the lance
£150 for a decent pressure washer
£18 for a decent snow foam

Clio 197
hahaha because I want to play with snow foam.

I dont wash my car religiously every weekend but when I do I like it make it shine and give it another lease of life again.

James

That's fair enough then James.

I would suggest buying a Karcher, and maybe trying to find an offer on somewhere, like Tesco's, Lidl or Argos. But be warned - buy cheap, buy twice.

Below the 3 series, Karcher motors cannot be replaced as they are a sealed plastic unit. Therefore, it's new unit time if they fail. And they do. I've been few a through myself.

Re the snow foam lance, the cheap ones do not actually "snow foam" the car. A snow foam covering should be shaving cream consitency, so it sticks to your paint work at any angle. The cheap versions only spray out a soapy water type foam.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Have a look at the Nilfisks range of pressure washers. They come highly recommended by loads of people on DW due to Nilfisk using metal pumps instead of plastic ones which other brands use.

Have a look at the Nilfisks range of pressure washers. They come highly recommended by loads of people on DW due to Nilfisk using metal pumps instead of plastic ones which other brands use.

I would agree, but with better quality usually comes more money.

STEALTH RAIDER
Ive had a cheap karcher that went after 14 months so it went straight in the bin due to it being a consealed unit. I then got a big ass karcher with 140 bar pressure i think, which lasted nearly 2 yrs and i wish i had taken an extended warranty as that died too. Ended up costing me a fair few quid to get it fixed and it died 6 months later again. Everytime it died (3 times in total) it was more to fix so i had enough of just looking at it. Ive heard quite a bit of hype about the nilfisk and used my friends, so i ordered the 110 bar c110 and will be picking it up from argos for a mere £50 tomorrow. If it lasts 12 months then i will be happy. The actual spray bottle you get with it isnt bad at all. Foam wont stay on your car as long as a proper one would but it will get the job done if needed.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I had a foam lance from when I used my dad's old PW.

Was cheaper to buy a cheap halfrauds PW (£35) than get a lance to fit the missus' Karcher PW. :eek:

If you're really not into it .. don't bother. Whats the point ? Would be like buying a D-SLR but not actually having any interest in taking photos.

If you really want to waste some cash, cheap PW, 2nd hand lance to fit, snowfoam from i4d/cyc, and some tough wax while you're there to help the grime slide off when you foam it until you get bored of cleaning...

Really however, I would suggest buying a half decent mitt, some shampoo, and some adequate wax. Will cost about £30 and be much cheaper than any of the above !

:rasp: