ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A nice day from some pictures, with a twist

So yeah ... went out today to get some pictures as the weather was quite nice ...

8248361372_be27ce664c_b.jpg

and then literally a minute after taking the photo below ....
8247285627_ed7bfc33fb_b.jpg

this happened :dapprove:

8248301550_7ae9d9944a_b.png

because of this ice....

8247294845_094e332ab3_b.png

8248337284_aea9335618_b.png

i was doing 20 on the road because i knew it was icy but just lost it going around a bend, all happened so quick :dapprove: im im fine but my car is obviously damaged so taking it to my local garage to see if theres any damaged underneath or behind the bumper, it still drives but yeah ... could have been alot worse i guess! its not nice crashing a car and i hate seeing mine like this :dapprove:

its just damage on the lower front bumper mainly...no scrapes or dents elsewhere but will have to double check in the morning when i can see it properly :S it drives but there could be some damage underneath.

Last edited:
Sorry mate but i did lol as i wasn't expecting that!!:eek: at least you are ok! hope the car isn't to bad.

Very lucky it could have been much worse.

My local asda carpark - was a plague of black ice the other night and my heart certainly skipped a beat but I managed to save the car from wrapping a lampost and this was at 10 mph tops, just got to be so so careful - Live and Learn.

Last edited:
i know :( will find out monday at the garage whether or not its fixable (i think it should be), hoping to still be at the next meet on the 15th!

What are your tyres like ?

Glad your ok.

^^What he said^^

What tyres have you got on there as I went to work this morning down the backroads in snow & ice. When my head said ''you're going to fast for this corner what are you doing'' the Contisport Contact 2's said different ;)

But likewise, glad it wasn't any worse. We've all been there myself included :)

TT QS
I was gonna slate you for 2 pictures but then bam!

Glad you're okay that's the main thing. Hope the cars all okay too

quick update, got it checked out by a garage today! the front wheels have now been aligned back into place and with new tyres :) they had a look underneath and everything was fine, just getting the bumper back on and repaired :) got away with some serious damage to myself and my car thankfully!

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Was it 20 though or was it a FWD drift attempt?

Lucky with the damage though would of been scared to look!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
Lucky not to hit the lamp post or tree mate, they don't tend to move a great deal!

Least you're ok and not too much damage to car. Guessing there wasn't much meat left on tyres if they put two new ones on front

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks like you pulled the handbrake on trying to show off to your mate in the megane and lost it tbh..

Glad everything is ok though! Take care.

i pulled the handbrake to try stop my car quickly in an attempt to avoid the tree and to not roll down the ditch even more! but to go around the corner FLOL gotta be crazy to do that :headno: its a clio not a skyline :L do think though using the handbrake to stop myself made the spin worse ... but yeah just cleaned my car, bit of tcut and popped the fog light insert back in and its looking more presentable now!

8254064015_379447f83a.png

8254052545_ea71b28742_b.png

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Lucky boy. Ice can be a right cnut, someone decided to wash their car on a hill right above a junction once, cue me coming along and sliding right down into the middle of the junction at about 5mph. Fortunately nobody hit me.