ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a possible easy fix to throttle sticking on Ph1

mk2 clio 172 ph1
That idea came to me after fixing a clutch cable problem on my KTM 640. every time I pulled the clutch the cable moved under the stress and snapped off the clutch handle assembly.
Anyway, the fix was a simple restraint using a piece of rubber tube and a zip-tie keeping the cable away from the handlebar at a permanent location.

I've noticed the throttle cable of the Clio was twitching at about the same manner as my old clutch on the KTM so I applied the same fix, restraining the cable movement close to the TB side.
I made two restraints, one for each axis of movement.

what can I tell you? IMO it had improved the throttle feel. especially in easy city use.
And has eliminated the throttle sticking all together.

*mine is a LHD hence shorter throttle cable. although I do believe this could work on RHD too. You'd have to try and let me know.

pics of the fix:

P3220085.jpg

P3220086.jpg

P3220087.jpg

*notice the ties aren't too tight.