ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a propper 172 turbo'd car

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
mate its a f**king utter animal...ive known scoff a long time now, seen him progress that car through firstly the 1.4 c1J gtt engine then 18 months ago he started the current built, from day one his sights have been set on breaking into 10 second qtr miles......the great bloke is very very close now:D

R5GTT, 2L turbo
thanks for the comments guys, makes it kinda worthwhile!

for anyone who cares here is a brief spec of my homebuilt, and home tuned engine:

Clio 172 block and cylinder head,
83.5mm crank (clio 16v, volvo 480, etc),
Standard 172 pistons (bet you didn't think they were this touch eh ?),
172 camshafts, re-timed,
1794cc, 7:1 cr,
Custom tube exhaust manifold that I made from cutting up an original 172 manifoild,
Huge T04E turbo running 24psi,
Tial 38mm external wastegate with screamer pipe exiting front wheel arch,
503cc cosworth grey injectors,
3 bar map sensor,
Adaptronic race engine managment mapped by myself,
3" downpipe and custom exhaust

It makes about 360bhp in its current state, the compressor and injectors are maxed out now. I'm looking for some 800cc injectors and I have a bigger 50trim T04E compressor on order, that should see it to 400hp ok.

I'm shocked the gearbox has held up, which is a STOCK 172 gearbox!!!! it whines a bit in 4th now, but still functions ok. I suspect it'll pop soon enough, at which time I'll look at ways of making an o2a VW gearbox fit, they're tough as hell, and there's a big choice of ratios for me too.

Chris

R5GTT, 2L turbo
Awesome!! This your day job too? (mech/tuner?)

nope, just a hobby here. I ran a small tuning place with a friend for a few years called Nocturnal Developments, we built a few interesting cars and tuned lots lots more, but that was stressfull, it had to stop :)

M

mini-valver

Absolutely awesome. Heard alot about you fella, top top work!

VRS
awesome machine, you and norm left me and middo for dead at times on the way back from fcs lol

was well impressed with how quickly you reeled in the jag xk which tried to undertake us all :)