ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A sub project that should never of been a project- DCi65

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Yeah better to be safe than sorry.
Tbh as long as you don't run the tank to the red the fuel pump will last 100k miles ect.

Need to see the turn out of this! :)

Btw have you smashed the cats internals out?
If you have, fab a proper 3inch pipe up to replace it. Found out I was losing 10-14 torques from the hollow VOid

Yeah I smashed the cat internals out and just welded the box back up and bung it on. I was thinking about doing something slightly different as the elbow looks like a massive restriction but TBH I'm not looking to go crazy! The only reason it ended up with a hybrid turbo was because the turbo was on its way out anyway and there wasn't a massive price difference.

I love the fact it's still quiet and refined inside apart from them sodding Apex springs which make every small feel like a bad car accident.

I don't want to pour endless amounts of money into it but it must be ultra reliable. The extra grunt is just a bonus. :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
fair enough :) some of us have to much time lol

yes you are right on the elbow, only real reason i did the proper decat was i cba with faffin to try take the standard cat out when i needed to gain access down the back.

get the back box off lol, bit of a laugh tbh

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
fair enough :) some of us have to much time lol

yes you are right on the elbow, only real reason i did the proper decat was i cba with faffin to try take the standard cat out when i needed to gain access down the back.

get the back box off lol, bit of a laugh tbh

How loud are they with an exhaust? I'd imagine the turbo kills most of the sound?

clio 172 cup
Would cost you a LOT more than that to do what Mike has in terms of the new genuine high pressure pump etc, thats more than your entire budget gone in one go, lol.

I would say this lot:
Gen Renault Clutch kit
Gen Renault High pressure pump
Gen Renault Cambelt, auxbelt kits coolant and water pump
Michael Woodford Motorsport spec hybrid turbo.
All new track rods, track rod ends and ball joints.
Home made de-cat.

Is over a grand in parts?

which why said excluding the extra parts i was on about terms of making it look like a sport

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
mine with the c220 merc turbo doesnt even sound loud, motorways no drones or anything.
it only sounds grunty when floored. and yeah the turbo kills most of it with spool noises !

all i will say is dont be an idiot like my mate did and cut the pipes of the back box to short.... i can put mine back on if i want but he cant now haha

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
These diesels sound great. . Love one of these. .. mind I was getting 70mpg out of the 530 yesterday and is well loaded. . Averaging 54 at the minute. . Need a long run to try and get it back up. ..